lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-05-2016, 12:21 PM   #1
Sierra Tech
Not Yet Wild

Default Curtis 1206-003 Pinout

I need a pinout and wiring diagram for a Curtis 1206-003 (25864G09) controller.
Does anyone have the manual or the schematic?
Thanks
Sierra Tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-05-2016, 12:45 PM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Curtis 1206-003 Pinout

Here you go. The -003 doesn't have the A2 terminal, but everything else is the same.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Wiring Diagram - Series.JPG (55.8 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 11:54 PM   #3
Sierra Tech
Not Yet Wild

Thanks JohnnieB,

Looks like I have the wrong controller for what we are doing. The 1206 uses an inductive input to control speed.

I have a four wheel cart that we use to move a race bike in and out of our trailer, we race at Bonneville Salt Flats (held the record at 376 MPH).

Currently we use either two bats in series (high speed) or a single 12 volt (low speed) to control the speed of the cart. the motor is a series motor and

I have a 0 to 5K speed lever. I would like to put all bats in series for 36 volt operation with a controller that will accept our 0 to 5K pot input. Forward, reverse switches and the pot get mounted on a long steering bar.

Do you have any recommendations as to the best controller for the money.

Thanks for your answer
Richard
Old 09-08-2016, 08:39 AM   #4
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

You tow cart sounds like it is some sort of a home-brew concoction, so pictures of it (inside and out) cart would help in figuring out what controller would best serve the application, but in general terms an Alltrax SR48xxx controller would be a good choice since it is user programmable (Via a laptop connected to an USB port) and will accept a 0-5K throttle as well as all the other throttle types commonly found in golf carts.

http://www.cartsunlimited.net/series-controllers.html

Give scottyb (at Carts Unlimited) a yell and he can steer you towards what you need.
Old 09-08-2016, 08:42 AM   #5
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Oops pushed wrong button and quoted instead of editing
Old 09-09-2016, 08:45 PM   #6
Sierra Tech
Not Yet Wild

Hi Johnnieb
I don't have any pics, but it is a purpose built cart that weighs about 500 lbs and supports a 1500 lb. bike that is 22 feet long. There is video on youtube show casing our bike and rider. Just search for Valerie Thompson on you tube and you will see video of the bike in action.

We have geared the cart to walking speed, so high amps are not an issue. The motor will draw about 60 amps without the bike loaded on the cart.

It is a series motor. It sounds like the Alltrax controller would work if I can't get the Curtis to work.

The Curtis controller was donated to us. I have seen a converter that will convert the 5k pot input to the input required by the controller. But I can't find it again. Perhaps you know of this.

Thanks for your suggestions and the info at Carts Unlimited is very useful.
Appreciate it very much
Richard
Old 09-10-2016, 08:27 AM   #7
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

I like the in-cockpit view starting at about 1:20 into this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oT4fmXPol0

Is the cart used to keep the bike upright until it is moving fast enough to balance on two wheels?
Old 09-12-2016, 12:59 AM   #8
Sierra Tech
Not Yet Wild

the cart is used to transport the bike in and out of the race trailer. The bike also travels down the road in the trailer on the cart. We have a hydraulic arm in the side of the trailer that picks up the bike and sets it on the ground. Retractable skids on the bike keep it upright until ir is going fast enough to balance with steering only. No weight shift from the rider is possible. Can't put feet down either.
Old 09-12-2016, 01:16 AM   #9
Sierra Tech
Not Yet Wild

By the way, that is salt we run on. Bonneville Salt Falts
Old 09-12-2016, 01:50 AM   #10
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

The only adapter I know of like what you describe is to connect a ITS throttle to a 0-5k controller. It won't work the other way around tho. That video is sweet! Looks really awesome! If you can find a controller from any Ezgo "Marathon" model, or any series drive Colombia ParCar, they all have the correct throttle type by default. Some Club car controllers are compatible too (be sure to look up the model number first, some are 5k-0 ). Any Alltrax controller for series motors (AXE, SPM, SR) models are programmable for 0-5k throttle with a laptop. Lucky for you, the 0-5k controllers are very common, not hard to find.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO