lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-17-2017, 10:26 AM   #11
perkdiggler
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1994 E Z GO Marathon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mutant View Post
i would think any good build starts with a good foundation-is the frame rust free and solid?

if you want to increase tire size on a stock rear gear ratio-you may want to have a motor in the budget...just in case.

if you dont have a grand or 2 for the project-you will probably end up with a weak link...

get real clear on what you want out of your build and there are plenty of guys on here that can help you evaluate EXACTLY what you will need to get those expectations met-what it will cost,ect...

good luck and i hope to see the progress as it continues

The frame is in good shape. The battery trays could use some help but I'm not worried about that. I have a welder and plan on replacing the trays when I strip it down to the frame. Possibly next winters project.

I have thought about swapping the motor but I will wait on that until I know for sure if it needs it.

I do plan on spending ~$3000-$4000 by the time I'm done, but I need to do it in stages.

As of right now, I am not sure on exactly what I want to do with it, other than what I already mentioned, mostly because I am new to golf carts. That is partially why I created this thread, I am looking for advice and suggestions. But from what I have seen thus far, it looks like there is a good group of helpful people here, so I am looking forward to hearing from others.
perkdiggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-21-2017, 01:21 PM   #12
perkdiggler
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Good News...SHE'S ALIVE!
I finished the wiring this morning and fired it up. It appears to be working. Bad news is, it has 2 tires that won't hold air. I already knew this but I was hoping to be able to fix the leaks. I pulled both wheels off and found one of them has a dry rot split on the back side which is leaking. No fixing that one. I was hoping to take it for a spin around the block today but I guess that will just have to wait.

Please don't mind the sloppy wiring. It's only temporary at this point. Just trying to see myif it runs.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (247.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-28-2017, 04:26 PM   #13
perkdiggler
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I picked up a utility bed today. It has some surface rust but that's no big deal. I'll wire wheel it and repaint it prior to installing it. The po said he thought it was off an EZGO but he was a bit flaky so I'm not sure how much I trust that. It didn't come with any mounting brackets or hardware so I'll have to manufacture some. Do any of you guys have pics of some of your custom mounts you could share so I could get some ideas?
Old 02-05-2017, 01:22 PM   #14
perkdiggler
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I picked up a couple stock wheels and tires so I could test drive the cart. I took it to the end of the driveway and back in both forward and reverse. So far everything seams to be working just fine. I also picked up an access cover which I was missing and a utility bed. It's not mounted yet but I set it on the cart to see what it would look like. I think it's coming along quite well.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170205_120332.jpg (302.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20170205_120324.jpg (290.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20170205_120312.jpg (284.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 02-06-2017, 02:36 PM   #15
Seaquell
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Glad to hear that your marathon is alive and kicking!
Here is a pic of what I did with the utility bed on my Marathon.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170119_144440.jpg (168.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20170120_154923.jpg (190.3 KB, 0 views)
Seaquell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 02:43 PM   #16
Seaquell
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Your body is in really good condition!
If you take off any rubber trim use a heat gun to soften it up and make it easier to remove and reinstall, it gets brittle.
Remember, the trim is getting harder to find and the trim on the rear wheel wells is not available anymore!
Old 02-06-2017, 03:21 PM   #17
perkdiggler
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaquell View Post
Your body is in really good condition!
If you take off any rubber trim use a heat gun to soften it up and make it easier to remove and reinstall, it gets brittle.
Remember, the trim is getting harder to find and the trim on the rear wheel wells is not available anymore!
Thanks for the info. I'll keep that in mind as I work on it more.

How did you mount your utility bed? I haven't looked into much yet but its one of the next items on my list. I see you still have the struts for your seat backs. I am missing those and I am trying to decide if I should fabricate some which I could also use for attaching the utility bed or if I will just mount the seat backs directly to the utility bed.
Old 02-06-2017, 03:42 PM   #18
mutant
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

cool! keep up the good work!
mutant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 07:56 PM   #19
Seaquell
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I mounted mine on top of tye fenders with 1 inch thick nylon board as a spacer, then I used a 1/4 tap in the seat struts back for a bolt.

Your box has a nice big spot to bolt on a couple of seat backs like a marathon, or just update to a new style single back cushion.
Old 01-20-2022, 04:50 PM   #20
perkdiggler
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Time to revive this thread AND more importantly, this build...

So I wound up selling this cart to my dad and he just let it sit for a number of years. I finally convinced him to revive it and we started working on it again a couple days ago and boy do I have a lot of reviewing to do. I have forgotten most of my research from several years ago. We did find a used 4" lift kit which was purchased before letting it sit. We started by installing that first. Mounted the larger 22"x11"x8" tires and found that the back tires rub the lift kit. Will need to look back at what size spacers I will need. Going to upgrade the shocks now too.

We also purchased the 48v conversion kit from Scotty B before parking it. This is where I will have to go back through my research to remember what the hell I was planning before I jump into the conversion. Time to dive in and clear the cobwebs from my brain. THAT might be the more challenging part of this revived build.

Will post pics in the next day or 2.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO