lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-19-2016, 05:49 AM   #1
Theflyinglineman
Gone Wild

Default First cart build in Florida

Good morning,
I am really want to build a lifted txt but not sure if a txt is the wright cart to start with. I found a company that will sell me a 2013 txt and all the stuff for my build at a good price but I don't know what to look for to make sure cart is solid. I have talked to a different people and some say they would not start with an ez ego because of the steal frame. They say club car is the one to buy I really like the drive and look of the txt but I don't want to buy a cart that is prone to problems. What should I look for in regards to the frame motor and such. I have been told to make a txt go about 23 Mph the only thing needed is a motor swap. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Adam
Theflyinglineman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-19-2016, 08:24 AM   #2
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: First cart build in Florida

As a 20 year veteran of cart mechanics, I absolutely prefer the TXT for all my lifted cart builds. Yes, it has a steel frame and of course that could potentially lead to a rusted frame. Depending on the build, I have been known to strip a cart down to the frame and Spray bed liner paint on the frame to add an extra layer of protection to it. How deep into the build are you planning? Are you just wanting to buy a cart, lift it and upgrade the electronics for speed/torque? Or are you wanting to completely strip it and build from the frame up?

I have done a few of the newer 48 volt (a 2013 is definitely a PDS 48volt unit) and typically the only thing I have had to swap was the controller to a higher amperage controller and the solenoid to a HD solenoid. So far, I have not had any complaints about the motor not handling the increased load of the lift.

As far as being prone to problems, let me just say I work on about 6 Club Cars to ever 1 EZGO in regards to failure of electronics. I don't want to even get started on all the issues I have to fix on the Club Car Precedent models...... And if you are in the market for a newer (13 or newer) frame as your build, the ONLY option you have from Club Car is the Precedent.

Not sure where you are in Florida, but I am a little south of The Villages and if I can be of any help I would be happy to do so.......
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 01:14 PM   #3
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

If you take care it'd the cart it won't rust. I've seen just as many batteries fall out of the bottom of club cars as I have ezgos from corrosion. Keep it out of the weather and you'll be fine.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
mgray70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 02:37 PM   #4
Theflyinglineman
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitreborn View Post
As a 20 year veteran of cart mechanics, I absolutely prefer the TXT for all my lifted cart builds. Yes, it has a steel frame and of course that could potentially lead to a rusted frame. Depending on the build, I have been known to strip a cart down to the frame and Spray bed liner paint on the frame to add an extra layer of protection to it. How deep into the build are you planning? Are you just wanting to buy a cart, lift it and upgrade the electronics for speed/torque? Or are you wanting to completely strip it and build from the frame up?

I have done a few of the newer 48 volt (a 2013 is definitely a PDS 48volt unit) and typically the only thing I have had to swap was the controller to a higher amperage controller and the solenoid to a HD solenoid. So far, I have not had any complaints about the motor not handling the increased load of the lift.

As far as being prone to problems, let me just say I work on about 6 Club Cars to ever 1 EZGO in regards to failure of electronics. I don't want to even get started on all the issues I have to fix on the Club Car Precedent models...... And if you are in the market for a newer (13 or newer) frame as your build, the ONLY option you have from Club Car is the Precedent.

Not sure where you are in Florida, but I am a little south of The Villages and if I can be of any help I would be happy to do so.......
Do you think I could give you a call I tried to PM you but I am new to the site and not sure that is available to me yet

Thanks
Adam
Old 10-19-2016, 03:00 PM   #5
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I think you have to have either 3 or 5 posts before the PM system opens up. As soon as I can PM you I will send you my number
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 03:18 PM   #6
Theflyinglineman
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitreborn View Post
I think you have to have either 3 or 5 posts before the PM system opens up. As soon as I can PM you I will send you my number
Thanks
Adam
Old 10-19-2016, 03:26 PM   #7
mutant
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

hey adam-can you pm yet?
mutant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 03:28 PM   #8
JonJones
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

What part of florida are you in? im in Pensacola, and have a 2011 TXT that hasnt rusted one bit. but i keep it clean and out of the weather as much as possible
JonJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 05:57 PM   #9
crash test dummy

i have built both lifted , there is no problems with ether , the ezgo is a better cruiser but the club car is better frame
i can go in water with the lifted carts even through 12"" of flooded streets , but i run marine grease
also in central fl
Old 10-20-2016, 06:24 AM   #10
Theflyinglineman
Gone Wild

I have a few more questions. I consider myself pretty handy. I usually can fix fix just about everything short of engines (mental block) lol. The only problem I have is time. What is truly involved in taking a stock TXT from golf course cruiser to family fun wagon.

What I am looking for when finished is.

Cart that will go 20-25 mph 20 would be fine thinking higher speed to compensate for extra weight when we have 4 people aboard.

Back seat

Led lights including turn signals

Dc to Dc converter

Radio

Color lights under the cart

Seat belts

Lift kit I think 6" not sure what kind (spindle,axel,A arm)

Rims and tire again not sure 10" 12" or 14"

New extended top

New body

Very reliable when finished

Some chrome bling

Maybe a sensor that would turn on a hidden strobe light if someone bumped cart or stepped on it when parked. (Cheap security system to scare away kids looking to take it for a joy ride)

I think from what I read on the Internet to accomplish this should all be bolt on items so I could be wrong but I am thinking this should be able to be done in a couple of weekends.what do you guys think.

Thanks
Adam
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO