lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-14-2016, 09:22 PM   #1
not enuf toys
Not Yet Wild

Default Increase torque

Not finding what I am looking for easily - hoping I can by just asking

The cart in question is a 98 western 400 36v (basically a ezgo txt)

Stock everything in the power train, batteries are less than a year old, 4ga wires also less than a year old. I do not want to change to 48v

I am looking to pick up additional torque. The wires made a surprising difference but I would like more. We commonly have 4 people on the cart and while it moves out nice, a little more control would be better. I would like to be able after these upgrades to consider a mild lift and larger tires. I know if I proceed with that now in its current state, 4 riders will kill it

In simple terms, what am I looking for? Motor, controller and solenoid? If so, is there a single package that I can consider or is it best to piece it together?
not enuf toys is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-14-2016, 09:29 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Increase torque

A motor alone is likely going to be a trade off with more torque & less speed. A new controller will add torque at lower speeds, but not a ton better for how much speed is lost going up hills, bigger tires will make this worse. More Volts is really your best option if loosing speed is not acceptable. Larger tires will get some of your speed back if you go with a higher torque motor, but stock controller is gonna hate bigger tires no matter how you look at it.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 10:00 PM   #3
not enuf toys
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
More Volts is really your best option if loosing speed is not acceptable. Larger tires will get some of your speed back if you go with a higher torque motor, but stock controller is gonna hate bigger tires no matter how you look at it.
Thanks - loosing speed isn't really a concern. The cart lives at a campgrounds 75 percent of the year with a 5mph limit.

Hope that helps the discussion
not enuf toys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 10:22 PM   #4
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Get just a torque motor, but look for one approved for use with stock controller. A torque motor with lower rpm rating generally will be best for you, as speed is no issue at all for you. Call/look around for torque motors.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 12:39 AM   #5
davewil@mc.net
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Check this high torque motor,
Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/122223938896
davewil@mc.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO