lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-26-2017, 04:34 PM   #1
skipsmith521
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Jack golf cart

I have some newbie questions on jacking up my ezgo TXT

I am going to change out the rear leaf springs.

I have a floor jack... And a couple of jack stands.

Where on the back is safe to use the floor jack on the rear of the TXT?

Can you safely place the jack under the rear bumper or the bag well?

The bumper looks plastic to me and not sure if the bagwell is strong enough to hold the cart. The videos I have watched shows jacking the cart up from the back.

The jack stands I will place under the real Axle so it doesn't go to the ground.

Just want to make sure about this...Better to be safe and ask dumb questions than get hurt or damage something.

Thx

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
skipsmith521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-26-2017, 05:20 PM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Jack golf cart

Here is the jack and jackstand position from the service manual.

I put an eyebolt through the center-back hole in the bagwell and use a chain fall for the rear.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Jack and Jackstand positions.jpg (75.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Bagwell floor-1.jpg (241.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Springy Thingy - Low.jpg (217.2 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 07:38 PM   #3
skipsmith521
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I got a flip rear seat...but if I used a floor jack under where your eyebolt is, that should be solid area to jack up the rear?

I have jacked up the rear before with the axle but I need the axle to fall a little to do the leaf springs.

Thx for the good advice.

Skip

Old 01-26-2017, 07:43 PM   #4
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Whatever you do, and however you decide to do it, a golf cart can be more dangerous than a car or truck. I have twice had golf carts fall while working on them because of "wrenching" difficult to remove bolts etc. Use of jackstands is not enough in my opinion. Always keep wooden blocks, car ramps, or something under there so it won't fall all the way down on you. A shock absorber for example, with no rear end or motor in the cart could fall (almost happened to me) and go through your eye socket and kill you.

Ironically the lack of weight as opposed to a car or truck can be an enemy with golf carts. Be safe and use something like 6x6 blocks or whatever for safety.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 10:12 PM   #5
skipsmith521
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Good point...

I remember seeing a video where they jacked up the cart and took off one of the tire... They took the tire sideways and stuck up under the cart as another way of preventing the cart from coming all the way down if something happened.

I guess I get cautious when having to jack this cart up in the air.

Old 01-26-2017, 10:35 PM   #6
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipsmith521 View Post
Good point...

I remember seeing a video where they jacked up the cart and took off one of the tire... They took the tire sideways and stuck up under the cart as another way of preventing the cart from coming all the way down if something happened.

I guess I get cautious when having to jack this cart up in the air.

You need more than a tire. Read again what I said. Tire/wheel is too low. BLOCKS of some sort. Do you have car ramps? Not to be rude, but this could save your life, do you understand what I'm talking about?
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 11:33 AM   #7
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipsmith521 View Post
I got a flip rear seat...but if I used a floor jack under where your eyebolt is, that should be solid area to jack up the rear?

I have jacked up the rear before with the axle but I need the axle to fall a little to do the leaf springs.

Thx for the good advice.

Skip

The eye-bolt goes through the sturdy cross-member EZGO recommends as the rear jacking point. It goes all the way across side to side, so the two rear drain holes on either side are good places for jackstands.

As Mooncarter mentioned, be sure to block the cart up with more than just jackstands if you'll be working under it.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO