lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-31-2017, 09:30 AM   #11
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: EZGO Freedom RXV - Wiring diagram needed

Also, your main positive wire is in the wrong spot
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-31-2017, 03:11 PM   #12
filoutube
Not Yet Wild

Hi,

Thanks for the answer.
This charger has probably been installed by previous owner... It was working properly some months ago.
filoutube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 03:16 PM   #13
filoutube
Not Yet Wild

@Cgtech,
Do you mean the red wire from the charger? I guess it is ok as connected to the +48V of the battery and the charger delivers 48V.
Or do you mean the large red wire from the solenoid to the battery +36V? It is written 36V continuous on the solenoid sticker so I connected it to the 36V of the battery. Should I connect it to the +48V ?
Old 03-31-2017, 11:37 PM   #14
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by filoutube View Post
@Cgtech,
Do you mean the red wire from the charger? I guess it is ok as connected to the +48V of the battery and the charger delivers 48V.
Or do you mean the large red wire from the solenoid to the battery +36V? It is written 36V continuous on the solenoid sticker so I connected it to the 36V of the battery. Should I connect it to the +48V ?
Yes, it connects to the +48V. The RVX controller reduces the applied voltage to the solenoid coil. They use 36V coil solenoids to switch the 48V main pack power.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 12:16 AM   #15
cgtech

Yamaha

Hahaha, that's a funny trait of the Rxv I have never really understood (why it was made to use a 36v solenoid). In the "Curtis" Rxv, that solenoid driver is fully adjustable, you could adjust it to use pretty much any solenoid from 6v? to 48v (never seen a high current type solenoid below 6v). It also has a adjustable parameter to reduce the solenoid coil voltage after the initial "click" to reduce heating in the solenoid. Curtis controller has many features that are invisible to the end user, but valuable to the engineer. And many more I don't even know about yet . Bob, any input why they would have picked a 36v coil?
Old 04-01-2017, 07:01 AM   #16
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
Hahaha, that's a funny trait of the Rxv I have never really understood (why it was made to use a 36v solenoid). In the "Curtis" Rxv, that solenoid driver is fully adjustable, you could adjust it to use pretty much any solenoid from 6v? to 48v (never seen a high current type solenoid below 6v). It also has a adjustable parameter to reduce the solenoid coil voltage after the initial "click" to reduce heating in the solenoid. Curtis controller has many features that are invisible to the end user, but valuable to the engineer. And many more I don't even know about yet . Bob, any input why they would have picked a 36v coil?
Because it was already readilly available and cheap, rather than to have to have something made for them. As you mentioned, the main coil settings in the controller allow full flexibility in what coil pull-in and hold-in voltages that are wanted to be applied. I much rather have features that are optional to enable flexability, and Curtis usually does well in that regard.

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 03:06 PM   #17
filoutube
Not Yet Wild

Hi both,

Thanks for the answers, We'll reconnect to correct plugs and let you know.

Have a nice day.
Old 04-02-2017, 01:48 AM   #18
filoutube
Not Yet Wild

Hi,

We found a fault in the solenoid... no voltage at the output. It was full of dust. After cleaning it internally, we have some voltage out (48V).
Also in the key switch, we dismounted it, full of dust, and it should work now. Before cleaning, there was 0V ate the yellow wire. Now we have 12V.
We have to review all the wiring diagram... older users did some modifications.

The golf car doesn't start yet, but we are in progress to do so :-)
Old 04-04-2017, 01:07 AM   #19
filoutube
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by filoutube View Post
Hi,

We found a fault in the solenoid... no voltage at the output. It was full of dust. After cleaning it internally, we have some voltage out (48V).
Also in the key switch, we dismounted it, full of dust, and it should work now. Before cleaning, there was 0V ate the yellow wire. Now we have 12V.
We have to review all the wiring diagram... older users did some modifications.

The golf car doesn't start yet, but we are in progress to do so :-)
Hi again,

Now we have almost started the golfcart. We are able to move forward or rearward for 1 meter. Wow !! And then it stops... It should be a security circuit that doesn't allow us to run.

The brake seems inoperative. It is powered with 48V on the plug, but it doesn't switch internally (we opened it to ensure about this). Seems the magnet doesn't do its job.
Any idea with this problem ? We've dismounted it, there are 3 springs inside (instead 5 originaly). The magnet seems in good condition, not cracked, but brake doesn't operate when powered with 48V.

Tomorrow we'll do a direct conection from the magnet to the wires (to bypass the plug... we have a doubt on it).

Please let me know any common issue about the brake system if any.

Thanks again.
Philippe
Old 04-04-2017, 02:12 AM   #20
cgtech

Yamaha

If the brake were modified (like springs removed), the Rxv will soon spot it as a phony. Rxv is real picky about its motor brake.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO