lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-04-2017, 08:38 PM   #21
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Default Re: Speed up my EZGO TXT series cart?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinwurst View Post
Okay so lots of great info but can someone recap?
My cart has 12 inch rims with 20 inch tires and a 3 inch lift.
I simply want to run around 20mph on the street in my neighborhood. I take the cart on our neighborhood greenbelt trail which is dirt and rock and very small hills but mostly flat.

Ideally I would love to only have to replace my motor. The cart is a stock 36 volt Currently.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Start with the motor and if it doesn't do what you want it to do, replace the controller. The Admiral B1 motor is capable of up to a 500 amp controller and will also run on 48 volts, so it's built to take upgrades.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-04-2017, 08:53 PM   #22
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinwurst View Post
Okay so lots of great info but can someone recap?
My cart has 12 inch rims with 20 inch tires and a 3 inch lift.
I simply want to run around 20mph on the street in my neighborhood. I take the cart on our neighborhood greenbelt trail which is dirt and rock and very small hills but mostly flat.

Ideally I would love to only have to replace my motor. The cart is a stock 36 volt Currently.

If that was possible then all this other stuff would not be discussed so widely.
Bigger motors require more amperage and in some cases more voltage to produce better performance.
When I upgrade I start with a controller of appropriate size for what I want the cart to do ultimately. Match that control with a solenoid, and a cable set, and in the series cart an upgraded F&R device. Now the motor has improved amperage supply. Most motors are limited by the amount of amperage a stock controller will allow.... in this case 275 amps. More amps make more torque.
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 05:53 AM   #23
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

what Scotty said!
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 09:03 PM   #24
timmyjane
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildbil645 View Post
Timmy
how is the torque of the bandit motor? i was thinking of getting one for my cart it is a 04 EZ-GO TXT 36v 6 inch lift 22" tires not really looking for speed if i could get 18-20 would be plenty of speed i am looking for torque
I think it made a difference. It really wasn't something that I fell like made a big difference tough. 48v would be a better improvement.
timmyjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 11:15 PM   #25
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Kevin Raptor motor & stock controller is not gonna last long at all, and you will think "this expensive motor is a POS" the whole time till the controller does bite the dust. If your Txt has the factory upgrade 400a controller (black aluminum case with no plastic cover), you could get better results.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 09:57 AM   #26
kevinwurst
Not Yet Wild

Wow... I have noted a lot of great information however none of this sounds like an easy way to gain some speed. Is there not one thing I can do it seems no matter what I will have to replace multiple components.

kevinwurst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 10:32 AM   #27
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

You could try "overdrive", also known as field shunting or field weakening (only works with series motors, sepex motors use this theory extensively already). It's cheap & will get you a couple mph. Although I have never seen it tried with the tiny newer style txt controllers (might kill it, who knows). Field shunting is done by adding a relay & 2 wires to the motor S terminals that has the effect of allowing some power to bypass the field coils (weakening the magnetic field generated) when at full throttle.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 10:53 AM   #28
rib33024

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmyjane View Post

The point is that the stock RXV is faster and torquier than a hopped up TXT. I don't have any experience with the DCS carts.
timmyjane. You need to read Bob's post again. No one is talking about a DCS cart. He is telling you that The RXV cart Is a AC current/voltage drive system. And the TXT is a DC current/voltage drive system. They are two totally different drive systems
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2022, 09:59 PM   #29
jtmcculloch
Not Yet Wild

I have a 2006 EZGO TXT PDS 36v with 6" lift & 23" tires.
it salready has the speed chip (jumper) and runs 16mph.
what would be the cheapest way to get 20mph out of it?
upgraded controller by itself? upgraded motor, or do you have to do both?
i dont want to spend over $1000 for 4 more mph. if thats the case i would be better off selling this one and buying a faster cart.
jtmcculloch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2022, 07:08 AM   #30
Capt. Lenny
Born to be Wild

E-Z-GO

You might get close with a Plum Quick Bandit upgrade and a new controller. Other than that your biggest gain would be to do a full 48 volt conversion (batteries, controller, solenoid). 48 volts will get you 33% more speed and torque. Right now adding 23" tires to a stock cart is killing your torque.
Capt. Lenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO