lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-07-2017, 11:24 PM   #1
JGC403
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 2007 EZGO TXT Project

I have a 2007 EZGO TXT that needs some TLC to get it up and going again. I'll be using this for working around our campground. I bought a utility box to put on the back to make it more useful. I have a small tractor supply trailer that I would like to be able to tow around and put branches and stuff like that in there. Anything else heavier I'll just use the John Deere Gator, that thing is our work horse and we put a lot of hours on it, so If I can alleviate the Gator a little with the EZGO that will help it to last longer.

The EZGO has the Forward/Reverse switch on the dash and the run/tow switch under the seat so it has the Sepex drive system.

It looks like it has the original batteries. It doesn't seem to hold a charge like it should so at least a couple of them are bad. I bought some of that "battery repair" liquid stuff off of Ebay, figured what do I got to loose besides $20. The batteries are on the charger as I'm typing this so we will see in the morning if it has done anything.
But I will probably be getting new batteries in the near future. I had seen another thread on here with someone going to 42V system and keeping everything else stock. Does that help a lot? Is it worth doing?

Upgrading the battery cables is on my list.

The threaded rod on the brake compensator is bent so I need to replace that. I'll go thru the entire vehicle, checking the brakes and replacing the differential fluid. Are there any trouble spots I should keep an eye out for?

Tires need to be replaced, I would like something with a little more grip than the golf course tires that are on it now but don't want to rip up the grass.

Also can I get it to ride a little better? I have some rutted dirt roads that go back to one of our ponds and when it hits a bump it feels like it bottoms out the suspension. Plus adding the utility box to the back I'll be adding more weight. I don't want to lift it.

I think that is everything for now. Is that enough? lol.
JGC403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO