lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-20-2017, 12:23 AM   #1
E36Racer
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Onward speed upgrade

So after 10 weeks of ownership I've decided the 21mph top speed and lazy acceleration are not cutting it. Time for upgrades. So here's what I'm trying to do.

I'd like increased acceleration and a top speed of at least 30. If it can be done without changing the motor, that would be great. I have a warranty and if I burn the motor up CC will replace it for the next 2 years. With that said, if it's possible, I'd also prefer plug and play so if I do burn the motor up I can put all of the stock parts back on without the dealer knowing. Upgraded motor is definitely in my 2 year plan after the warranty is done. I don't know if I really care about the regen, it's currently set to only engage when I fully lift and it's at the lightest setting. So if I can keep it, great, if not no big loss.

I'm planning to go #1/0 cables, because the incremental cost is diminimus IMO compared to #2. So can I do a controller and solenoid and run the hell out of the stock motor and get 30mph out of it? Can this be done for <$750? Or is an upgraded motor absolutely necessary?

I'm in S. FL so it's all flat street driving. I don't plan to cruise at max speed 24/7 but I figure a cruise will be 25ish, with the extra 5mph when I want it. Plus I'd like it to get out of the hole a little better.

Am I dreaming or is this possible on a $750 budget?
E36Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-20-2017, 08:22 AM   #2
E36Racer
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Onward speed upgrade

And here is my serial # if needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-20-2017, 08:41 AM   #3
Cruise Master
Gone Wild
Club Car

I found this to be an interesting article (published in 2006 though.) Might want to take note of the graph between amps vs motor temps.

http://www.alltraxinc.com/files/Doc1...hicle-Perf.pdf
Cruise Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 09:35 AM   #4
E36Racer
Gone Wild

Club Car

That was very informative. But now I'm nervous that to make it go it's an all or nothing upgrade. Maybe I should just wait until I feel like splurging on the motor as well.

If only I could fit another battery to up the voltage...

Old 05-20-2017, 03:30 PM   #5
Cruise Master
Gone Wild
Club Car

That's what my gut would be telling me if I had to factor in a dealer warranty.

Been reading this forum long enough to see a reoccurring theme of motors burning up, or some other components getting hot. The one that always has me wondering is if golf carts mechanical brakes are designed for 15-20 mph on low wheels/CG what type of braking does a person really need at 30mph+ on tall/heavy tires with a lift kit.

Like we joke about down on the Mexican boarder, just because you can do something, doesn't mean you should do it.
Cruise Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 08:44 PM   #6
E36Racer
Gone Wild

Club Car

Well the reason I want the top end is for short bursts on long straight sidewalk runs where there is little to no chance I'll have to panic stop without substantial notice. Plus I do plan to upgrade the brakes with disks in the back and hydraulic disks in the front. But they are second on the list. I might even go hydraulic in the rear too. Depends on how creative I feel like getting with fabricating the whole rear setup myself or just get an Ausco kit

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car