lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-31-2017, 10:28 PM   #11
crash test dummy

Default Re: 48V reducer wiring with 12V accessory relays

Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-24-2017, 10:02 PM   #12
ccds
Not Yet Wild

Update.....got everything wired up and checked for proper operation. All was good. Thanks again for all who provided input. I forgot to mention in earlier post I also installed a purple PQ motor. My next step was to install the dash. I had ordered one from vipgolfcars on eBay. The dash I received is either not for my cart or came from a bad batch. No way it will fit. I just emailed them about it and haven't heard back yet so I'm not going to dog em yet. Will see how customer service is.

Anyway, my patience has run out...so I just had to see the performance upgrade of the purple motor. Keep in mind, there is no dash and accessory switches and main on/off switch is hanging freely. I temporarily secured the dash switches and left the key switch hanging. Cart ran great! Then quickly downhill....as soon as I parked it in the garage, I lifted the key switch to turn it off. It slipped out of my hand and made contact with metal trim. Smoke everywhere!!!

After chugging several beers, I checked it out and the green wire from key switch melted back to the solenoid. I just got ALL the wiring in new wire loom and secured to the frame!

This is a 2004 CC DS 48V. Any idea what else might be damaged besides the obvious green wire and any wire next to it?? I'm 42 YO and still trying to learn the art of patience....
ccds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 10:34 PM   #13
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

You should visually see any wiring that was damaged. You will have to operate it to see if it damaged any components.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 10:36 PM   #14
crash test dummy

did you ground to the frame ?
\

can you confirm this is your wiring diagram ?

look under f/r switch for scanner plug
Old 06-24-2017, 11:05 PM   #15
ccds
Not Yet Wild

Similar diagram. It's not IQ. Serial # is AA0411. No, I wired it all correctly and grounded everything to a ground bar.

I had the key switch hanging because I was to impatient to get the dash installed. I wanted to test the new motor. The key switch dropped from my hand and "arc'd" on a metal trim piece. The green wire burned all the way back to solenoid.
Old 06-25-2017, 08:14 AM   #16
crash test dummy

oh .... it's a powerdrive system 48 v

it would not hurt anything else
just replace the green wire
Attached Images
File Type: jpg power drive 48v.jpg (71.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 06-25-2017, 09:12 AM   #17
ccds
Not Yet Wild

Yep. That's it. Good to hear! Thanks CTD. It's gonna be a couple of weeks at least, but I'll send another update.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car