lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-09-2017, 10:40 AM   #1
RXLuke
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default 2008 with 4 y.o. trojans, what do y'all think?

Hello again everybody!

Got a line on a 2008 Precedent with 2013 Trojan 12 volts (4). Upgraded motor from a local dealer, he explains that he doesn't know what they did, but it's real fast. Has factory headlights/taillights (LED), tinted windshield, rearview mirror, and was used on a private course, so near rear conversion yet, but I'm ready to tackle that $300 job personally.

I have never had trojans, but my father in law's cart at the lake has a bank of 4 12 volts and that thing will climb a very,very steep hill about 100 feet long with no problem and they are 10 years old!! I couldn't believe when i scratched the terminal post and saw E8!!!

Does anybody/everybody think/agree that these batteries will be good for at least a few years to come? I believe he is the kind of guy that has taken very good care of his cart and the batteries have been well looked after.

Thanks!
RXLuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-09-2017, 10:55 AM   #2
hipower
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 2008 with 4 y.o. trojans, what do y'all think?

No hard and fast rule for battery life, but if those have been treated well for four years another one to three years are certainly possible.
hipower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 06:53 PM   #3
Aflyer
Gone Wild

Club Car

I agree, if the batteries were taken care of, they can go a couple more years.

The dealer says it is real fast, that is very subjective. Real fast could mean 19.6 MPH which can be achieved with the Club Car Code 4 update.

I would see if there is somewhere you could test drive it with the GPS app on your phone. Or take a look at the motor and post up what color it is and all the numbers you can get off it. I would also ask the dealer to tell you what it has for a controller also.

Good luck with your investigation,
Aflyer
Aflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 09:56 PM   #4
Down South
Growing In Grace

Club Car

Possible, but you really don't know how those batteries were maintained....It's a crap shoot on the batteries. What about the price of the cart as is?
Down South is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 10:47 PM   #5
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Yep, as Down South said, its a crap shoot, but how much $'s are we talking on the cart.....
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 08:37 PM   #6
RXLuke
Getting Wild

Club Car

Locked in a deal and going for pickup tomorrow. $2100. If motor upgrade is easy to interpret, like a plum quick purple engine, then I'm going to be all smiles. 2008 precedent with "upgraded mitir@ by brads carts in NC, LED light kit, rear view mirror, and tented windshield make that a steal in my mind. Rear seat and dash kit ordered already.
RXLuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 09:15 PM   #7
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by RXLuke View Post
Locked in a deal and going for pickup tomorrow. $2100. If motor upgrade is easy to interpret, like a plum quick purple engine, then I'm going to be all smiles. 2008 precedent with "upgraded mitir@ by brads carts in NC, LED light kit, rear view mirror, and tented windshield make that a steal in my mind. Rear seat and dash kit ordered already.
For $2100, I'd be all smiles anyway.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car