lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-07-2019, 09:51 AM   #31
BBBHC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Talk me down from the MOT-A4

Hey Zeusmotorworks. Have you had a chance to get your cart running yet? I'm looking for some specs on the 14hp a4 motor. In terms of maximum RPMs, amps, etc... on safe operation of it. Have you by any chance found any information?
BBBHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-07-2019, 10:13 AM   #32
Jkerle
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBBHC View Post
Hey Zeusmotorworks. Have you had a chance to get your cart running yet? I'm looking for some specs on the 14hp a4 motor. In terms of maximum RPMs, amps, etc... on safe operation of it. Have you by any chance found any information?
I'm running a mot-a4 on the rescue build.

Dont tell Scotty but it lived through 6500rpms I've since turned it down to 5500.

Crazy torque I dont remember what the highest amp draw was I'll have to do a pull and see. I'm thinking it was around 380amps with 27in tires.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Jkerle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 11:33 AM   #33
BBBHC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkerle View Post
I'm running a mot-a4 on the rescue build.

Dont tell Scotty but it lived through 6500rpms I've since turned it down to 5500.

Crazy torque I dont remember what the highest amp draw was I'll have to do a pull and see. I'm thinking it was around 380amps with 27in tires.

I wont tell a soul!

Yeah, that's cool! Geez, what's the top speed you see in that thing!?!?? Do you have stock gear ratio, something like 12.? : 1? Check out from my thread this I posted earlier: http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/lithi...ml#post1612256

Just seems weird. Why wouldn't they supply specs on the motors?!?! Along with why does the info not match up!?!?! Apparently I'm missing something...
BBBHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 11:44 AM   #34
Jkerle
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBBHC View Post
I wont tell a soul!

Yeah, that's cool! Geez, what's the top speed you see in that thing!?!?? Do you have stock gear ratio, something like 12.? : 1? Check out from my thread this I posted earlier: http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/lithi...ml#post1612256

Just seems weird. Why wouldn't they supply specs on the motors?!?! Along with why does the info not match up!?!?! Apparently I'm missing something...
I kept finding conflicting info as well. I can tell you this my a2 speed motor is still running after nearly 2 years being at 6000 rpms. With 12:1 gears on 27in tires it will reach 39.8 and hold it. The a4 will do 33-34 set at 6k rpms. It must not be reaching 6k rpms. I dont know that I clocked either when I was running over 6k. The speed calculator is pretty dead on. The a4 does 15-18mph pulling only 12-15amps where the a2 seems to hover around 25amps. I wouldnt do another a2 given the option of the A4.

Jkerle is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car