lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-14-2017, 04:22 AM   #21
Dixie Chopper
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: TXT PDS won't charge

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
I would be checking that small aux terminal in charger handle. Check for good connection to the other end in the charger.

Are you talking about the auxiliary plug? It's making contact. 36.9 volts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dixie Chopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-14-2017, 08:10 AM   #22
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixie Chopper View Post
I don't think the fuse is blown on the PW 2. Take a look.
The fuse in that picture looks good. Didn't look good in first picture due to viewing angle.

The fact the Aux contact is making good contact with the negative radsok and the voltage felt there is above about 30V, means the chargers ought to be turning on. Why they both work on another cart, but not this one, defies logical troubleshooting, however electric golf carts have a knack for doing inexplicable things.

At this point, I'd open the chargers and measure the voltage between the red and black wires attached to the control board.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 08:28 AM   #23
Dixie Chopper
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
The fuse in that picture looks good. Didn't look good in first picture due to viewing angle.

The fact the Aux contact is making good contact with the negative radsok and the voltage felt there is above about 30V, means the chargers ought to be turning on. Why they both work on another cart, but not this one, defies logical troubleshooting, however electric golf carts have a knack for doing inexplicable things.

At this point, I'd open the chargers and measure the voltage between the red and black wires attached to the control board.

Yeah that's basically all I have left to do is check the chargers. The video CTD posted has good info about checking the diodes and the board. I'm going to pop them open tonight and see what's going on inside. Should the voltage on the red and black wires be the same as the battery pack?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-14-2017, 09:07 AM   #24
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Yes. Voltage at control board should equal battery pack voltage.
Old 08-14-2017, 10:02 AM   #25
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Jb would that be the white wire ? I thought the black wire and red were common..
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 10:22 AM   #26
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
Jb would that be the white wire ? I thought the black wire and red were common..
There is no standardized color code for DC wiring, however black tends to be used for Negative and Red tends to be used for positive. White also tends to be used for positive.

Making matters worse, not all carts use the same color scheme from year to year or model to model and neither do chargers. Then there are the repairs that use whatever color wire is available for whatever needs replacing.
Old 08-14-2017, 10:51 AM   #27
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

I have seen a few of those wiring jobs. Always an adventure. I think the standard for the powerwise is the wires coming from the charger plug to the charger are white, black and red. White should be pack +, Black is pack -, Red is the trigger but also should be pack - when connected.
Old 08-14-2017, 10:54 AM   #28
Dixie Chopper
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
I have seen a few of those wiring jobs. Always an adventure. I think the standard for the powerwise is the wires coming from the charger plug to the charger are white, black and red. White should be pack +, Black is pack -, Red is the trigger but also should be pack - when connected.
That is how mine is configured
Old 08-14-2017, 11:14 AM   #29
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

If you have those voltages in the charger then more than likely the control board is bad. If the charger has not been messed with the white should go to a fuse then the ammeter, black to the transformer and red to the control board. You could try jumping the board and see if it will charge.
Old 08-14-2017, 11:23 AM   #30
Dixie Chopper
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
If you have those voltages in the charger then more than likely the control board is bad. If the charger has not been messed with the white should go to a fuse then the ammeter, black to the transformer and red to the control board. You could try jumping the board and see if it will charge.
That's what I'm going to do tonight when I get home. I don't know what's wrong with these people I work for ........ I have a golf cart to work on I don't have time to work!! HAHA
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO