lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-27-2017, 10:29 PM   #11
bebop
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Kinetek AC Controller on a Club Car DS

i have this same set up on a 98 club car, for 2 years it has been a great cart, very fast, but mine started jerking and i cant get any help finding out how to fix mine either.
bebop is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-24-2023, 06:14 AM   #12
sameh.darawshi
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Kinetek AC Controller on a Club Car DS

hi. do you have any wiring diagram except for the 2 page kcca data sheet?
i have the controller seperately and trying yo figure out how to use it, it is lighting one green light but not the other green led.
also, j15 connectors (8 pin connector) is showed differently in the wiring diagram as jm4a and jm4b. not sure how diagram and pin list interact.
will appreciate any help here. thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Role View Post
Update***
Rear Transaxle was a goner from the jerking and slamming to a stop from a sprint from the irratic behavior of the cart. I pulled the Curtis pot box off, checked the internal components and microswitch.

Replaced the solenoid, pulled the dash and wiring, recrimped questionable wires, took motor off and replaced entire transaxle.

Still doing it!
Found the Kinetek schematic for the controller and motor wiring along with the LCD display. Everything is where it should be, clean, and good connections.

Boils down to... the controller or motor, or both!
So I'm probably just going to trash the controller and trash the motor and start fresh with a reputable brand controller and motor that can utilize the same Curtis FP.6D potentiometer and be done with it.

Any recommendations for another AC conversion kit for this 2004 Club Car DS?
AND / OR
A DC setup with a beefy controller and a high speed motor - an Assassin motor or something along those lines?
Suggestions?
sameh.darawshi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
48volt, clubcar, controller, kinetek, troubleshoot
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car