lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-09-2017, 06:24 PM   #1
Marauder
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Do factory CC ERIC chargers float charge?

I just got my first cart. A 2015 Precedent. My batteries are 2015 with a pack voltage of 50 after resting so I know I am part of my way through the life and want to get the most life I can out of them before I buy a new set.

Do the ERIC chargers float charge? Otherwise may buy one of the high end chargers that do.

I also have a battery savers coming as an alternative.
Marauder is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-09-2017, 08:32 PM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: Do factory CC ERIC chargers float charge?

No it does not have a float charge. It is an intelligent charger, more efficient (by 10%), lighter, etc. compared to the PD3's.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 04:20 AM   #3
yawood
Gone Wild

Club Car

What I do is charge the cart with the CC charger after use then attach my 48v Battery Saver to maintain the charge until I use it again (I use it weekly) then it goes back on the CC charger and so on. As Scotty pointed out to me the CC charger is strong enough to mix the chemicals where the BS would not do that. The BS does, however, have a pulsating float charge designed to stop sulfination so I reckon it is the best of both worlds.
yawood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 08:53 PM   #4
E36Racer
Gone Wild

Club Car

I bought my Onward in March and it has the ERIC charger. I'd like to think my batteries are broken in at this point and I only get 50.6-50.7v when I unplug the charger, and I'm sure less if I let it sit overnight. I rarely run the pack lower that 49.6 or so, and it's on the charger for a day or two before I use it again. I'm at a loss as to why it never gets to 51v when fresh off of the charger. Really frustrating that a new cart/charger/batteries cannot get to 100% SOC. Just makes me consider lithium conversion while I can still sell my current batteries for a decent chunk of change.
E36Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 09:07 PM   #5
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Have you double checked it with another DVM just as a comparison? What does the charger put out while charging close to the end of the cycle. That is where to voltage is usually the highest....
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 12:21 AM   #6
yawood
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by E36Racer View Post
I bought my Onward in March and it has the ERIC charger. I'd like to think my batteries are broken in at this point and I only get 50.6-50.7v when I unplug the charger, and I'm sure less if I let it sit overnight. I rarely run the pack lower that 49.6 or so, and it's on the charger for a day or two before I use it again. I'm at a loss as to why it never gets to 51v when fresh off of the charger. Really frustrating that a new cart/charger/batteries cannot get to 100% SOC. Just makes me consider lithium conversion while I can still sell my current batteries for a decent chunk of change.
Mine were like that and took until they were about 9 or 10 months old before they finally showed 51v after 12 hr rest. If I put the Battery Saver on, the pack shows 53v after it comes off.
Old 10-11-2017, 06:53 AM   #7
E36Racer
Gone Wild

Club Car

Could you please send me a link to the BS? Also after using the cart then charging overnight just put it in the BS in the morning?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-11-2017, 07:12 AM   #8
yawood
Gone Wild

Club Car

I got mine from JB Tool Sales (who are currently saying they are out of stock). They had the best price (currently $75.92) but it is certainly available at a number of places.

Mine is a Save a Battery 2365-48 (50W 48V)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Save a Battery mid.jpg (177.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 10-11-2017, 07:17 AM   #9
yawood
Gone Wild

Club Car

Sorry I didn't answer your other question.

Yes after you take off the CC charger you can just attach the Save a Battery. I usually wait 12 hours after the CC charge so that I can measure the rested voltage, then I hook up the Save a Battery.

Last edited by yawood; 10-11-2017 at 07:17 AM.. Reason: spelling
Old 10-11-2017, 07:20 AM   #10
E36Racer
Gone Wild

Club Car

Amazon to the rescue. My wife is going to be like WTF another battery charger in the garage..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car