lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-27-2018, 02:24 PM   #21
sidewalkman
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: How bad did I screw up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post
You can bypass the OBC by running a jumper from the back side of the charge receptacle (where the black 10g wire is that goes into the harness) and run it directly to the Main Pack Negative. Also take the grey sense wire coming off the same receptacle and land it to the same place. This will allow the charger to turn on "if" the OBC has failed.

Note- This is only to test and not to make normal operation.

If that doesn't work, then you have an issue inside the Charger.....
OK, I tried that and it didn't work, but I went online and they say the best / easiest way to bypass the OBC is to run a 10 gauge wire from the back of the receptacle straight to the negative on the last battery (where the main - comes off to the OBC and controller. Voila, charges, full 20 AMP but of course if I leave it plugged in it'll fry my batteries, but I now realize that the brand new OBC is defective. I had thought so all along. I knew it wasn't a charger issue since I plugged my charger into an identical cart and it worked fine. The people I bought the OBC from (online) want me to pay the shipping of the defective part back to them and they will send me a replacement. I'm thinking if you ship a defective part you pay the return shipping, their logic is that I fried the OBC somehow..........at least I know I'm not an idiot (or not an idiot when rewiring, I'm still an idiot fro drilling through the HAL sensor), I wired it exactly as the old one was, quadruple checked it...
sidewalkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-27-2018, 03:57 PM   #22
Raystar57
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
Drilling through the hall effect sensor of the OBC is not going to affect the way the car runs. It's going to affect the way the car charges. If your car is surging, you've got other issues as well. Drilling through the hall effect sensor will cause the charger to turn on, but only run for a few minutes before terminating the charge cycle due to lack of voltage detection.
This is good to know!
Raystar57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 09:36 AM   #23
sidewalkman
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

So to put an end to this.

I got another OBC, not from the guys online I paid 200.00 Cdn to, but a place close by that sold me a used one for a lot less. Charges, runs like a champ.

The online guy after I originally told him the part was defective argued with me like I was an idiot, told me to check a bunch of thing, when I did and told him the part was gimpy he actually said 'listen dude, I'm not amazon'

Needless to say online isn't always the way to go. If any of you want the place PM me.
Old 06-14-2018, 10:27 AM   #24
Lochlin
Gone Wild

If the vendor gave you bad customer service I say out them (unless they are a site sponsor then let a mod know about it).

Most parts are China made now and it's not uncommon for it to be bad right out of the chute. Vendors need to stand behind their sales and if they don't we want to know about it.
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 10:34 AM   #25
sidewalkman
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lochlin View Post
If the vendor gave you bad customer service I say out them (unless they are a site sponsor then let a mod know about it).

Most parts are China made now and it's not uncommon for it to be bad right out of the chute. Vendors need to stand behind their sales and if they don't we want to know about it.
The guy said in 30 years he's never seen a DOA on an OBC. I said, 'now you have'
Old 06-14-2018, 11:02 AM   #26
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

China may be bad but when you want to know for sure that you will be buying junk buy if from EBay. Also, Ebay should have a customer complaint line. After all they have a reputation to protect. Call or write them. This page link may be able to help you.

https://www.ebay.com/help/buying/ret...t?id=4065&st=7
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 12:49 PM   #27
_ogre
Golf Cart? oops 😉

Club Car

feel free to trash the online guy; here, yelp, google and anywhere else you find :)
doa defective parts should be covered by the integrity warranty
some people have no integrity
_ogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 07:16 PM   #28
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Just wanted to clear the air! I'm not the vendor who sold him the OBC and wouldn't back it up!

Sidewalkman,

Sorry that happened to you. I've seen two OBCs DOA but it's extremely rare. But it can definitely happen. That's pretty crappy for someone not to take it back after going through all the testing with you that proved it was bad.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 09:39 PM   #29
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
Just wanted to clear the air! I'm not the vendor who sold him the OBC and wouldn't back it up!

Sidewalkman,

Sorry that happened to you. I've seen two OBCs DOA but it's extremely rare. But it can definitely happen. That's pretty crappy for someone not to take it back after going through all the testing with you that proved it was bad.

We didn’t think it was you![emoji1303]

Club Car DS driver’s club #59
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 09:41 PM   #30
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeL View Post
We didn’t think it was you![emoji1303]

Club Car DS driver’s club #59
I didn't think so. Don't know of any other site sponsors who sell OBCs so I just wanted to clear my name
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car