lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-15-2018, 12:15 PM   #31
sidewalkman
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: How bad did I screw up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
I didn't think so. Don't know of any other site sponsors who sell OBCs so I just wanted to clear my name
It definitely wasn't you, lesson learned, I'll go to sponsors here for parts. I tried to get it as cheap as I could, since I was the moron who thought drilling through it was a great idea. I was trying to escape the wrath of the SO. I can partly understand the guy, he probably thought I shorted something or messed it up but my issue is that he knew it was at a remote site, at a rec property, so weekend access only (I'm in Canada, the cart is in the US about 1.5 hours away, and after suggesting twice to test it different ways both times it failing (he first said charger pooched but it charged an identical cart which I told him, then blamed fuses which I knew was not the case) he said I had to have the defective part returned to him within 2 days......on a Monday.....

Anyway, lesson learned, I'm not going to out him here, but will PM anyone who is looking on eBay and sees parts they want. I'm a firm believer in Karma, you can't stay in business if you don't treat your clients well.
sidewalkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-15-2018, 12:17 PM   #32
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Default How bad did I screw up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewalkman View Post
It definitely wasn't you, lesson learned, I'll go to sponsors here for parts. I tried to get it as cheap as I could, since I was the moron who thought drilling through it was a great idea. I was trying to escape the wrath of the SO. I can partly understand the guy, he probably thought I shorted something or messed it up but my issue is that he knew it was at a remote site, at a rec property, so weekend access only (I'm in Canada, the cart is in the US about 1.5 hours away, and after suggesting twice to test it different ways both times it failing (he first said charger pooched but it charged an identical cart which I told him, then blamed fuses which I knew was not the case) he said I had to have the defective part returned to him within 2 days......on a Monday.....

Anyway, lesson learned, I'm not going to out him here, but will PM anyone who is looking on eBay and sees parts they want. I'm a firm believer in Karma, you can't stay in business if you don't treat your clients well.

Send me a PM please and let me know who it was.

As for the whole returning OBC thing. Club Car offers no warranty or return policy on electronics at all, (unless theyre in a vehicle within its warranty period) so he’s trying to cover his own rear end to keep from taking a loss. I get that. But sometimes when your reputation is at stake it’s better to just take a loss and deal with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 07:04 PM   #33
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

One more thing, if you payed with PayPal they will get you your money refunded if you call.
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 08:41 PM   #34
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewalkman View Post
Amen!
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 01:43 PM   #35
sidewalkman
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Ended up getting a used OBC from someone that had wrecked a DS, installed it and voila, charging like a champ, I'd been driving it for a few weeks no charge so when it finally started it stayed at 10AMP for almost 6 hours. Then the following week (the CC is at a rec site I have 1.5 hours away) after it had been plugged into the charger during my absence it felt a bit sluggish, I plugged it back in and the gauge on the charger didn't move.

I thought here we go again. Immediately started the check fuses, remove seat getting ready to tear it all down again when I remembered......I had unplugged the charger to plug in a pressure washer.....and didn't plug it back in.

Oddly you need voltage to a charger for it to function.....DOH!
sidewalkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car