lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-27-2018, 05:57 PM   #1
sunnydays
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Newbie looking for direction

I have a 2003 cc v glide 36v with the coil resistors. I have read several posts on guys upgrading with a larger controller, but I don't seem to find one either on the cart or in the manual. Am I missing something? I would like to upgrade for just a tad more power ,but not too crazy. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
sunnydays is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-27-2018, 06:10 PM   #2
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Newbie looking for direction

A resistor cart doesn’t have a controller. You can ditch the old power wasting resistors and convert to a solid state controller. See Scotty’s website at cartsunlimited.net and go under conversion kits. They’re great!

Luke

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 06:20 PM   #3
sunnydays
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Thanks for your response. I went on his site earlier today and read about the conversion and it is very interesting. Will it actually give me an advantage over what I currently have in regards to power or would the money be better spent on a busted up 48v cc and use all the parts from it
Old 04-27-2018, 06:49 PM   #4
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

If you want more "power" as you say, a 48v stock cart will probably show you no noticeable difference. As Luke stated above, you will have to go with an upgraded setup.

Hope this helps.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 07:07 PM   #5
sunnydays
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Thank You
Old 04-27-2018, 08:37 PM   #6
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

I will not regret Scotty’s conversion. I remember a few years ago I was on the fence about it- I’m so glad I did it. 2G cables, 400 amp Alltrax, and stock motor and I can spin the tires on 36V!

Old 04-28-2018, 03:05 AM   #7
sunnydays
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Thanks Lukel. I read it (upgrades) again after your post last evening, just trying to decide if I'm up to the task. My cart is currently in project mode and the deeper I go the more things I find wrong.
Old 04-28-2018, 03:15 AM   #8
sunnydays
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Lukel: Did you change the f&r switch too or did you go with the auto actuated switching solenoid and did your kit come with the new gas pedal conversion ? Can I do a basic conversion without all the addons and just use a regular pedal and hd f&r ,200 amp solenoid and the 400 altrax and still make it work well? I guess what I'm asking is will this be just as dependable without all the latest technology or should I just bite the bullet and change everything? Thanks in advance for your reply.
Old 04-28-2018, 05:19 AM   #9
Dennisneri
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

same boat here sunny just haven't pulled trigger but i am soon do it all if you plan on keeping it it will be a good investment
Dennisneri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 08:16 AM   #10
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnydays View Post
Lukel: Did you change the f&r switch too or did you go with the auto actuated switching solenoid and did your kit come with the new gas pedal conversion ? Can I do a basic conversion without all the addons and just use a regular pedal and hd f&r ,200 amp solenoid and the 400 altrax and still make it work well? I guess what I'm asking is will this be just as dependable without all the latest technology or should I just bite the bullet and change everything? Thanks in advance for your reply.

I did an HD F&R from Scotty and the kit comes with the new accelerator pedal. I’d change everything because it all comes in the conversion kit.

Luke

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car