lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-16-2018, 12:48 PM   #11
Jon1996
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: New member here with a electrical prob

I’m here with it now, I crossed the solenoid over and all it does is sound the backup alarm but the wheels don’t turn, still no power to small post but have negative small post and signal going in to obc but none coming out to activate it

So bad obc? Any way to bypass to make it run?
Jon1996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-16-2018, 02:23 PM   #12
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Just run a wire from the Main pack Neg to the solenoid and if it closes, then yes, the OBC is not supplying it. It did for Series carts, but I am not sure on Regen 2's as IQ carts got it from the controller (And some one jump in if the Regen 2 Neg came from the controller like the IQ's do....)

Edit: Looking at the drawing, I think the Neg comes from the controller...
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 03:29 PM   #13
Jon1996
Not Yet Wild

Ok so here is where I’m at now

I did the obc bypass and got a light on the dash to light up and in reverse the buzzer sounds, but still not movement.

Put meter on solenoid and I have 49 volts on all posts like wth!!

So the yellow wire off the solenoid runs into the obc and then a white wire runs over to another solenoid with a resistor winding on it

So I’m done with it and have till tomm to have it fixed but won’t get to see it again till the morning

So is there a way to bypass the large motor wires from the obc so I can get it working

Thanks for the help so far
Old 05-16-2018, 03:41 PM   #14
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Are you looking at the print i gave you? I am a little lost as if this is a Regen 2 cart and the yellow wire from the OBC should be going into the controller and a blue/white going from the controller to the solenoid small post. I just want to make sure we are both looking at the same thing. (The 2 large posts will have full pack voltage on one side and about ~1 - ~1.5 volts less on the other side and will come up to full pack voltage when it closes in) If you probed the two (2) small posts on the solenoid AND did have 48vdc, then you MUST have both the Pos and Neg activation present and the solenoid SHOULD be closing in. If it is not, then there lies the problem. It is stuck or failed internally..... To test the rest of it you can jumper across the 2 large posts just to see if everything else downstream goes...(Be careful doing that cause it is going to go unless you have it jacked up)
Old 05-16-2018, 03:48 PM   #15
Jon1996
Not Yet Wild

Here is the solenoid I’m talking about the 6ga wire goig. Into the obc, and why is there 48 volts on all solenoid posts when I bypass the obc? I can’t post pics, but the main large posts have a red from battery and yellow to obc then a small blue/white and a solid blue small wire
Old 05-16-2018, 03:53 PM   #16
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Read my red above while I am deciphering your info.
Old 05-16-2018, 04:01 PM   #17
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon1996 View Post
Here is the solenoid I’m talking about the 6ga wire goig. Into the obc, and why is there 48 volts on all solenoid posts when I bypass the obc? I can’t post pics, but the main large posts have a red from battery and yellow to obc then a small blue/white and a solid blue small wire
'Voila!! LOL! Now we are getting on the same page.... What you are calling the OBC is actually the "Controller". The yellow wire you are referencing is the main power supply to it via the B+ termination. It has ~1 to ~1.5 volts less than pack voltage via a precharge resistor to keep a power supply charging the components of your controller; when the solenoid closes in, the yellow wire receives full pack voltage and delivers it to the controller. As I explained in the previous post, if you are getting the 48vdc when probing the two (2) small posts together, then you do have the Pos & Neg activation needed to close in the solenoid and either the energizing coil or solenoid internals have failed and you need to replace the solenoid.
Old 05-16-2018, 04:07 PM   #18
Jon1996
Not Yet Wild

What I mean is, if I ground my meter on the pack negative and use my positive meter lead I get 49 volts on both Little posts and both large posts of the solenoid,only when the obc is bypassed it will not run and I do have it jacked up off the ground
Old 05-16-2018, 06:07 PM   #19
Jon1996
Not Yet Wild

Here’s a pic of what I’m deali with
Old 05-17-2018, 10:00 AM   #20
Jon1996
Not Yet Wild

Here’s the serial number if that helps, I do t want to give up

A9840-701260
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car