lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-14-2018, 11:38 AM   #1
jim,s
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default bypass the OBC

I need to bypass the OBC on my brothers cart to get this thing charged.
It's a 99 club car DS 48 volt series with a curtis controler. All stock.
I must say it is one clean cart and runs like new.
jim,s is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-14-2018, 12:55 PM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: bypass the OBC

Look for the fuse on the back of the charger receptacle that you normally plug the charger pigtail into. Find the black wire that comes from the fuse and runs to the OBC (may run inside the harness for the OBC). Run a 10 gauge jumper wire from that same place (OBC side of the fuse) and to the main pack negative (-) and if it is an OEM Powerdrive you need to run the grey sense wire to the same main pack negative post.

Remember the charger will not cut off on its own like this and you will have to monitor the pack voltage. Once at 61v-63vdc unplug it.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 01:48 PM   #3
PuttPutt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

To avoid a spark near the batteries unplug the AC power cord from the wall outlet first. Then the DC cord from Cart.
PuttPutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 02:41 PM   #4
jim,s
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post
Look for the fuse on the back of the charger receptacle that you normally plug the charger pigtail into. Find the black wire that comes from the fuse and runs to the OBC (may run inside the harness for the OBC). Run a 10 gauge jumper wire from that same place (OBC side of the fuse) and to the main pack negative (-) and if it is an OEM Powerdrive you need to run the grey sense wire to the same main pack negative post.

Remember the charger will not cut off on its own like this and you will have to monitor the pack voltage. Once at 61v-63vdc unplug it.
Thanks a lot guys, Last night I seen my brother and low and behold he said the guy that he got the cart from called him and said I have something for you.
Turns out it was a new computer. I just installed it and the cart is charging like new money.
anyway Thanks nole and puttputt for your help
jim,s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 07:52 PM   #5
PuttPutt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Jim,s check the suppressor diode in the charger and make sure it is good.
I just learned this from Surgio while trouble shooting a problem. Anyway if that ten cent Diode is bad it can lead to OBC failure.
PuttPutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car