lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-19-2018, 07:27 PM   #1
jb2c
Not Yet Wild

Default DoubleTake Sentry dash info

I'm in the process of installing a Sentry dash. What is the best way to cut the plastic faceplate for the switch installs? It seems to be pretty brittle plastic. I've got a rectangular voltmeter I need to install, in addition to the round holes for the ignition key and lights.

Also, I've seen pics of small switches on the faceplate. I believe I recall they said they were Blue Seas switch panels. Is there a particular model from Blue Seas that works best with the Sentry dash? This is going on a CC Precedent, if that makes a difference.
jb2c is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-19-2018, 10:54 PM   #2
jb2c
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: DoubleTake Sentry dash info

BTW, with the voltmeter, can I just use the leads that were running to the yellow battery warning light and hook those up to the voltmeter? It's a digital voltmeter.
Old 06-20-2018, 02:09 PM   #3
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

I took my dash panel insert and mounted it to a board with its screws to hold it in place and cut the holes with a razor knife. I left all of the protective film on the piece. Hole for switch cut with a hole saw. I drilled very small holes in the corners of the rectangular holes for a starting points at each corner. Cut inside the lines and then trim easily in your hand as if carving wood for final trimming of the holes, test fitting as you go.

Good luck, it worked great for me. Easier than trying to hold a dremmel steady and straight.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20180619_224856324.jpg (384.6 KB, 0 views)
PingEye3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 02:22 PM   #4
jb2c
Not Yet Wild

What about the voltmeter? Can I hook it up to the wires that were going to the yellow warning light?
Old 06-23-2018, 10:10 AM   #5
jb2c
Not Yet Wild

Anyone??
Old 06-23-2018, 11:58 AM   #6
Redbeardcc
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb2c View Post
What about the voltmeter? Can I hook it up to the wires that were going to the yellow warning light?
No, that is controlled by the OBC. The voltmeter needs to be connected across the battery pack.
Redbeardcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 01:19 PM   #7
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

The Black/ Yel wire in the dash harness is pack negative. Connect the voltmeter from the KS to the Blk/Yel. Line side of KS for on all the time, load side for KS operation of voltmeter. See attached Precedent Dash Wiring.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Precedent Dash Wiring.pdf (1.15 MB, 0 views)
Old 06-23-2018, 02:34 PM   #8
jb2c
Not Yet Wild

Thank you. I'll mess with it some more this afternoon or tomorrow. I'm wondering if it may be easier to run a wire back from the voltmeter to the battery for the pack negative than to try to dig around under the dash to find the black/yellow wire?? But then, I never could figure out which battery was the pack negative. Every time I checked one with the voltmeter, all I got was 12.74v.
Old 06-24-2018, 12:20 PM   #9
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

Really easy to find those wires for the voltmeter, when you remove the dash panel. Colors will match the drawing.
Old 06-24-2018, 06:11 PM   #10
jb2c
Not Yet Wild

You haven't seen the wires behind my dash panel!!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car