lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-24-2018, 07:53 AM   #1
beachguysc
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Charger Wiring

The outer cover of the internal wires on my power drive 3 has frayed. The internal wires are still intact. Rather than just tape them I was hoping to do a more efficient repair. David at revolution suggested that I open the plastic block that the wires enter and push them back into the charger, until the black outer cover is back into the block. I was able to get the block out of the charger housing, but can’t figure out how to open the block to push wires back. Anyone done this before? What’s the trick to getting this open? And it’s starting to happen on the front, too. So any experience in that conn cation also welcome. Thanks

beachguysc is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-24-2018, 08:40 AM   #2
smokey tennis shoe
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Charger Wiring

You make sure the charger is unplugged at both ends, then grab the big black plastic connector, on the the top and bottom, with a pair of channel lock pliers.

You should be able to rock it back and forth, while pulling out at the same time.

Just keep working it, it will eventually come out from the front side of the charger ( in your case ). Once it comes out, take a screwdriver and pry out the small piece that looks like it is "fitted" into the large black piece.

Once it is off, push the charger cord into the charger until you have "new" rubber for the black piece to go around again.

Once the black plastic piece is on new rubber area, put small "trap door" piece back in place and now you will have to put your pliers again top and bottom, but this time grab and squeeze the trap door at the same time.

Work it, and squeeze, until it pops back in place.

I think getting it back in, is harder than getting it out.
smokey tennis shoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 07:35 PM   #3
beachguysc
Getting Wild

Club Car

Thanks Smokey.. I’ll give that a try. If I end up destroying the bushing, I found them for sale on buggies on wild sales page.
beachguysc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 07:43 PM   #4
smokey tennis shoe
Gone Wild
Club Car

Once you remove the cover from the charger, grab that nylon connector ( with your channel lock pliers) from the inside of the charger, and try to squeeze, wiggle and push out on that connector, all at the same time.
Sounds like a lot, but it is not. You need to start working it out from the inside, before you grab it from the outside.
smokey tennis shoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 08:08 PM   #5
sunnydays
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I also had this problem and I loosened the screws where they attach to the transformer. I then removed the entire cord and put a piece of shrink tubing over it .Once I shrunk the tubing in place it served as reinforcement and also prevented the cord from tearing any further. I replaced the wire pulls and hooked the wires and I am still using it.
sunnydays is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car