lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-25-2018, 09:27 AM   #1
Gallachera89
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Weekend score i need some help with

Buddy of mine scored this for 75 bucks.. believes it to be a 1983

Has the Cadillac body, 2 brake pedals? and i would like to know what you guys know about this fine specimen

lifts? upgrades to 48v? where should we start on this thing
Attached Images
File Type: jpg received_1968064619891511.jpg (136.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg received_1968064589891514.jpg (112.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg received_1968064556558184.jpg (129.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg received_1968064479891525.jpg (111.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg received_1968064146558225.jpg (144.7 KB, 0 views)
Gallachera89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-25-2018, 09:38 AM   #2
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Weekend score i need some help with

That’s called a Caroche. That was made before the DS - mid or late 70’s probably. The hydraulic brakes are hard to find parts for.

Club Car DS driver’s club #59
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 09:59 AM   #3
Lochlin
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeL View Post
That’s called a Caroche. That was made before the DS - mid or late 70’s probably. The hydraulic brakes are hard to find parts for.

Yeah, that's not a Cadillac body. It's an original Club Car Caroche model. Those things had car-like brakes in them the used a hydraulic set-up based on a master cylinder. I have been told that the brakes are bear to find and maintain but the electricals are run-of-the-mill, multiple solenoid / resistor set-ups for which parts are still widely available.

I have long wanted to add one of those to my vintage cart collection and actually have access to one but the brakes are locked up on it and I am afraid to take the plunge.
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 10:04 AM   #4
Gallachera89
Gone Wild

Club Car

Well brakes are easy cause fortunate for myself i work with classic cars and have access to simple parts.

Also good to know its an original club car body cause now i know the lady was wrong about the Cadillac thing lol

.. my thing is im not sure if the "run-of-the-mill" stuff is capable of 48v stuff?

this in sense is the 2nd cart i would have to tinker with and frankly the multiple solenoid thing is something im not sure about.. can this be converted to a controller if i had an extra one laying around with a motor ? and if so should i keep the 36v motor in or up it to a 48v motor
Old 06-25-2018, 12:42 PM   #5
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallachera89 View Post
Well brakes are easy cause fortunate for myself i work with classic cars and have access to simple parts.

Also good to know its an original club car body cause now i know the lady was wrong about the Cadillac thing lol

.. my thing is im not sure if the "run-of-the-mill" stuff is capable of 48v stuff?

this in sense is the 2nd cart i would have to tinker with and frankly the multiple solenoid thing is something im not sure about.. can this be converted to a controller if i had an extra one laying around with a motor ? and if so should i keep the 36v motor in or up it to a 48v motor
I've been working with a forum member here, AFlyer to convert his 1973 Caroche to a 48 Volt system. It's now running and he's very happy with it. Here's the write-up....

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...-runabout.html
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 12:49 PM   #6
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallachera89 View Post

Check the threads in here. If I remember correctly, there is an automotive master cylinder that is readily available and a direct or almost a direct replacement.

Nice find! Good luck with it.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 12:56 PM   #7
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

Yes. Definitely look at Aflyer’s thread.

LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 01:17 PM   #8
Gallachera89
Gone Wild

Club Car

cool stuff ill thumb through it and see what i can gather from it!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car