lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-03-2018, 11:21 PM   #1
Brittyboop
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Cool Wondering if i have a problem or just a speed addiction... anyone...

So I recently put 6 new 8 V batteries in my Club Cart. it was running about the same speed as before and the batteries were not good before replaced when 1st bought.they had holes from acid on the post. However, it still runs the same speed. seems like it dies a lot quicker and it doesn't fully charge. it's very slow going up hills hesitates even .just wondering if I have a problem. did I do something wrong? I had posted something before with issues on the batteries come to find out I had done the wires wrong. I fixed it check the everything's good on that . charges fine... well i think it does. charges for a little bit cuts off like normal as ive read. Use the app to get my miles per hour 10 miles per hour down a very steep hill. at a normal flat ground I'm going about anywhere from 5 to 7 mpg. I feel like I can go about 2 miles and it's dead. just curious if I have a problem.... very new to all this trying to figuring a lot of it out as i go. any help or any suggestions would be great if any is needed anyway... also, Installed some what would be fog lights for headlights on the Club Cart. These are LED lights it's a 12 V system is what instructions say. they're very small and only 4 LED light bulbs light up on each light. when they have about 20 LED blubs. this is why I'm starting to suspect I'm having a battery issue. even at full charge i still get 4 LED blubs. Did i screw something up or is this the club cart i bought. ?
Brittyboop is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-03-2018, 11:24 PM   #2
Brittyboop
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Lightbulb Re: Wondering if i have a problem or just a speed addiction... anyone...

Also wanted to include when i unplug the charger the battery light on the dash lights then goes off. I thought this would be normal just basically leting me know i unplugged or i may be wrong just curious if this could help to figure out if i did something wrong. Thank again yall have helpped me more wats then one.
Old 07-03-2018, 11:45 PM   #3
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: Wondering if i have a problem or just a speed addiction... anyone...

What year is the cart? What type of charger are you using? What type of batteries were installed and exactly how old are they? After the charger cuts off then 12 hours later what is the complete pack voltage? What is each individual batteries voltage?
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 11:51 PM   #4
crash test dummy

Default Re: Wondering if i have a problem or just a speed addiction... anyone...

you need to break in the batteries
attached is a break in guide

everyone thinks new batteries equals power ...till the batteries get broke in they are not "fully charged " and will not go as far
power is the same as before ..WHY?? .. you are only supplying power to the same system you started with

you want more speed ?? you need better motor or controller

check with dave hicks

click me

Dave Hicks (TahoeDawgZ71) @ revolution golf cars can help Revolution Golf Cars is a Site Sponsor
http://www.revolutiongolfcars.com

Phone: 706-836-7210

Email: info@revolutiongolfcars.com
PM: http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...=newpm&u=23157
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Battery Guide.pdf (45.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 07-04-2018, 12:03 AM   #5
Brittyboop
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I believe its an 05 i have included pics to help but they are auto craft. wanted trojians but to have shipped was very expesive. will be getting some soon when travel to a closer dealer. Its been 3 months since replacment only drove around farm. Not used a lot due to scared to die on me when to far from charger. I do know its a regen as figured out by one of other post. Not sure on charger type power drive 2
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20180704_005335.jpg (188.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20180704_005356.jpg (184.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20180704_005434.jpg (198.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 15306802145161574814026.jpg (111.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 07-04-2018, 12:06 AM   #6
Brittyboop
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I bought it from a man who used it on the farm it was very dirty and he couldnt walk well so I kinnda figured it would need batteries. Which I replaced the day after purchase With new tires.
Old 07-04-2018, 12:14 AM   #7
crash test dummy

ok start over ... put run/tow in tow !! ..unplug cart ... take off main negative battery cable ... leave it for 10 min ... put run/tow in run ... reattach cable ...then plugin cart to charger turn on power ... let it run til it shuts off 16~20 hrs after that follow guide .. always use distilled water and fill after charge

keep us informed

SOC 48v cart

YOU DON'T NEED TO GET NEW BATTERIES
your batteries are good

Last edited by crash test dummy; 07-04-2018 at 12:23 AM.. Reason: added chart
Old 07-04-2018, 12:16 AM   #8
Brittyboop
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Ok thank u ill be in touch ![emoji17]

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Old 07-04-2018, 12:19 AM   #9
Brittyboop
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post
What year is the cart? What type of charger are you using? What type of batteries were installed and exactly how old are they? After the charger cuts off then 12 hours later what is the complete pack voltage? What is each individual batteries voltage?
As far as volts on each batterys for some reason they wont read need to get new volts meter. Only #1 read 9 others reading 28 and 24

Old 07-04-2018, 12:39 AM   #10
Brittyboop
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash test dummy View Post
ok start over ... put run/tow in tow !! ..unplug cart ... take off main negative battery cable ... leave it for 10 min ... put run/tow in run ... reattach cable ...then plugin cart to charger turn on power ... let it run til it shuts off 16~20 hrs after that follow guide .. always use distilled water and fill after charge

keep us informed

SOC 48v cart

YOU DON'T NEED TO GET NEW BATTERIES
your batteries are good
Okay.... after I did this I thought of
... do I do it while in tow or run bc anytime I mess with battiers I was told to switch it to tow...[emoji854]

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car