lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-16-2018, 06:27 AM   #1
hunt2709
Not Yet Wild

Default RXV for Hunting cart ???

I purchased a 2013 RXV, added 20 inch knobby wheels, no lift, new trojans, new 2 guage wiring. Original controller and motor. Has been modified with handheld to go 21-22 mph per my GPS. Has alot of torgue for what I need. Seems to fit my needs. But I have had 2 different guys tell me recently, there is too much to go wrong with a RXV in a hunt cart situation and I should have gotten the TXT model instead. I am happy with what I have, but should I have gone with a TXT model?
hunt2709 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-16-2018, 07:07 AM   #2
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Default Re: RXV for Hunting cart ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunt2709 View Post
I purchased a 2013 RXV, added 20 inch knobby wheels, no lift, new trojans, new 2 guage wiring. Original controller and motor. Has been modified with handheld to go 21-22 mph per my GPS. Has alot of torgue for what I need. Seems to fit my needs. But I have had 2 different guys tell me recently, there is too much to go wrong with a RXV in a hunt cart situation and I should have gotten the TXT model instead. I am happy with what I have, but should I have gone with a TXT model?
Absolutely not! The RXV is the best choice for torque, has a factory limited slip rear differential, which gives good traction, and you don't have to spend a lot of money to have good torque and go fast. Don't go driving through ponds or canals where any cart would flood out, and you'll be happy with it. If you find that you want even more torque and speed, the stock controller can be reprogrammed to be a beast! With those tires you can hit 30 MPH if you need to. The TXTs are good carts, and the stock 1206HB-5201 controller in the newer TXT48s can be reprogramed for a lot more torque and a little more speed... But to make a TXT do what a stock RXV can do would cost a lot in upgrades. There are a few guys on here using RXVs for hunting carts, and I take my street RXV off-road quite often. I climb the trails to the top of the mountain ridge on the back of my property, where I have some 45 degree inclines to go up. I switched to lithium battery pack recently, and the loss of that excess weight really helped its climbing ability.

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 08:28 AM   #3
Buggieman18
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I second Bob's experience with low speed torque. For grins, I routinely take my RXV up at least a 45 degree incline, just to make me smile. Up it goes with not a single groan. And no downhill freewheeling. Great stuff.
Buggieman18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 10:06 AM   #4
Steve390Gold
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I have a RXV that is used specifically on the sporting clays course, and will eventually be used for hunting (both day and night - thermal FTW!) My one and only concern is how long will a charge last with current batteries.

What 20" tires did you go with?
Steve390Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 10:47 AM   #5
hunt2709
Not Yet Wild

I am running 20x10-10 wheel / Tire combo with a All Terrain tire. Had to trim just a little on the back wheelwell, but works great.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1458.JPG (93.1 KB, 0 views)
hunt2709 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 01:05 PM   #6
SBIRD!
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

RXV works for me.
SBIRD! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 01:51 PM   #7
NBE
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Go for it and don't look back. I have a 2010 RXV that is lifted and set up for hunting. I love it. It has the stock controller and runs around 20ish or so. I have gone a few places and up a few hills that a stock TXT couldn't.

My only complaints with it have nothing to do with the cart itself but kind of "if I knew what I know now" it would have been a little better when I ordered it from the dealer four or five years ago. It has the four 12 volt batteries and the Danaher controller. The cart does pretty much everything I need it to do except climb two almost 100 feet high hills at the back of our hunting property. Maybe one day.

I have learned a lot from this website since then. I do plan on upgrading those two things one day but I'm retired and the money doesn't grow on the backyard tree anymore.

Brad
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG-20131231-00083.jpg (579.5 KB, 0 views)
NBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO