lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-26-2018, 02:10 PM   #1
rbgarst
Not Yet Wild

Default Slow club car

I have a 2004 club car ds 48V. Just bought new powertron p8000 batteries made by Trojan. At full charge I’m getting 51.2 volts across the bank, 8.4-8.5 on each battery. After driving the cart around the neighborhood, including some hills, for about 30 minutes the SOC meter has already dropped two bars and the cart is noticeably slower. It’s always been slow going up hill. What could be causing these new batteries to lose that much charge that fast? After the test drive I checked the voltage and got 50 across the bank and 8.2 on each battery. I think they are getting a full charge because my accusense charger shuts off and gives the full charge indicator light. Something seems to be pulling the charge from the batteries quickly. My daughter has a 1999 club car 48 V and we used it in a golf tournament last weekend for 12 solid hours and it still had a lot of battery left. Something is just not right. Any ideas?
rbgarst is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-26-2018, 02:16 PM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: Slow club car

They are new, that is all. You have to break them in and season them. They will get stronger and run longer over the next 25-30 charges. See attached
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Battery Guide.pdf (45.4 KB, 0 views)
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 03:52 PM   #3
rbgarst
Not Yet Wild

Ok, I’ll give them more time. I’m about done with it for the season. Another month and I won’t use it until next spring. Should I leave the charge plugged up to it for the whole winter?

Do you know anyone who has used the powertron batteries? My old ones were Duracell.
Old 09-26-2018, 03:52 PM   #4
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Make sure you charge them until the charger turns off. If you don't you just have a surface charge which will wear off very quickly. If you just charge until the voltage gets there that is not good enough.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 04:49 PM   #5
rbgarst
Not Yet Wild

Yes, I will keep the charger hooked up until it goes off.
Old 09-27-2018, 12:20 AM   #6
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

And leave your charger connected as long as everything is working as it should.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car