lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-28-2018, 10:06 AM   #1
wbhess
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Speed Code 5

Hey everyone. I currently have speed code 3 in my 08 precedent with GE motor. Does 14-16mph. I tried to order one last night from Larry someone (first site that came up when I googled it. The PayPal went through and today I received an email stating I received a refund. Does he no longer exist? If not, does anyone know where I can purchase speed code 5? Thanks
wbhess is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-28-2018, 10:19 AM   #2
Golfinw71
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Speed Code 5

As far as I know he was the only one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Golfinw71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 03:34 PM   #3
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Lo! It is just a ruse.... There is not SP 5 in your Curtis Controller. There are only 1 thru 4 that are truly fuctional and 4 requires a purchase from Club Car and a programmer to install it. All the other things are gags or tricks to fool the speed sensor on Sepex carts. IQ's can be done but Excel's are a lot harder to do....
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 04:10 PM   #4
_ogre
Golf Cart? oops 😉

Club Car

cue in tahoedawg's rent-a-programmer
_ogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 08:13 PM   #5
wbhess
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

I have an IQ cart. I received a phone call from Larry today and went over everything with me. He said I should see 23-24mph on flat and if I don’t, I can return it. For less than $150, 8-10mph would put a big smile on my face. If it’s not what I wanted, I will get an alltrax controller
Old 09-28-2018, 08:30 PM   #6
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

For $25 https://www.revolutiongolfcars.com/p...otor-iq-system this would have gotten you duplicate results to the other. It is just tricking the speed sensor with pulses.....
Old 09-28-2018, 08:45 PM   #7
wbhess
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

NoleFan.. that info would have been helpful 45 minutes ago.. . Unfortunately I already ordered the speed code. What is the claimed top speed with that magnet on an IQ cart with GE motor?
Old 09-28-2018, 10:05 PM   #8
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbhess View Post
NoleFan.. that info would have been helpful 45 minutes ago.. . Unfortunately I already ordered the speed code. What is the claimed top speed with that magnet on an IQ cart with GE motor?
I really did not think anyone went for that SP5 thing anymore.....

But whatever your SP5 gadget will give you the high speed magnet would have given you the same result. If it would give you 18, this would have. If it gives you 22, this would have. Etc. as they both are tricking the system.
Old 09-30-2018, 10:14 AM   #9
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbhess View Post
The speed magnet cuts the speed pulses in half. This mathematically doubles the "allowed" RPM of the controller to motor. A doubled RPM limit will result in a speed that your cart simply does not have the power to achieve, therefore it results in a completely unrestricted car that is free to run whatever speed it's physically capable of running without limiting itself.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 06:36 PM   #10
wbhess
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Figured I would post an update to my thread. The programmer came today and I installed it..Took less than 1 minute. Prior to this, my car would go 14-15mph in the 1/8 mile stretch down my street and 13-14mph coming back. I have stock tires, and 4 relatively new 12v batteries. On the first pass down the road, with the wind in my face I got up to 23mph fairly quick. I was extremely surprised. It felt like a new cart. On the way back, the cart held firm at 19mph. The programmer was set in "Speed" mode. I have not had a chance to test the other modes.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car