lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-14-2018, 09:36 PM   #1
bmarv
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Sepex Regen 2 upgrade questions

New to the forum here. Been lurking and reading but no posting until now. I've been doing loads of reading trying to figure out the upgrades that are available for my cart and now I've taken in so much info I'm starting to get lost.

Here's what I have:
2001 Club Car DS 48v
Stock GE Regen 2 motor 3.2hp special service - metal speed controller cover 3 bolt
Stock GE 220amp controller
1 year old batteries & 6ga cables
6" lift & 23" tires

I'm just using the cart for general riding and crusing. No workhorse duties. Ultimately I would like to see 30mph somewhere down the road when funds allow and I'd like to use parts that will work now but also allow room to grow so I don't have to spend the money twice.

From my research I believe I am correct that I cannot use a speed magnet on my motor to gain any speed. Are there any plug and play options for controllers that will allow me to retain my Regen? Will I gain much speed in going with a larger controller or just torque? I was thinking along the lines of an Alltrax 500amp since that would allow me growth in the future.

Sorry for all the noob questions but I feel like I have confused myself the past few days trying to figure all this out.

Thanks in advance for the help.
bmarv is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-15-2018, 08:33 AM   #2
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Default Re: Sepex Regen 2 upgrade questions

The Alltrax 500 would work fine, but you're gonna have to dial the output back to 300 amps max. The factory motor can't handle much more power than what it's running now in factory configuration. The "IQ" field map will work with this motor. Just be careful with it, and make sure you realize that when you're ready to upgrade the motor you'll need to upgrade the solenoid and the cable set to a larger size. I recommend 2 gauge. The field map will have to be changed in the controller as well.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 11:39 AM   #3
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: Sepex Regen 2 upgrade questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmarv View Post
-snip-

From my research I believe I am correct that I cannot use a speed magnet on my motor to gain any speed. Are there any plug and play options for controllers that will allow me to retain my Regen? Not reallyWill I gain much speed in going with a larger controller or just torque? A little of both, but mostly speed with your stock motor. I was thinking along the lines of an Alltrax 500amp since that would allow me growth in the future. Good choice! You can set if for your stock motor.
See above and then look here https://www.revolutiongolfcars.com/c...-club-car-prec for more ideas down the road.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car