lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-31-2018, 08:42 AM   #11
bobbycason
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Battery post height, too many ring terminals?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster59 View Post
Rather than using inline fuse holders, bus bar, or a bunch of ring terminals I opted for this...

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075L88PCR...6-29fda5cb079a
That's a viable option to for a remote location of getting pack voltage. I have this https://www.amazon.com/Blue-Sea-Syst...KZCWVHZHFR02X3 coming off of my voltage reducer for all of the 12v accessories. I originally ordered it for my RZR but never got around to installing it so I threw it on the golf cart. I've already got all my smaller wires that require pack voltage ran to the battery post but if I were to redo the wiring I could run some 2awg wires under the driver seat to where I have the reducer and fuse block and mount two of these for pack voltage.
bobbycason is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-31-2018, 09:01 AM   #12
Rooster59
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Unless all of those items require a large gauge wire, you could make a drop out pigtail. Start with a 8-10 ring terminal and crimp in two shorter 14ga (?) wires with insulated spade connectors crimped on the other end of the wires. Crimp mating insulated spade connectors on those other accessories/devices' wires and connect them in with the split pigtail.

I'm not very familiar with sparky carts so I don't have any idea what gauge wires are required for those devices. I use this solution often for my gasser's wiring projects.
Rooster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 09:11 AM   #13
bobbycason
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster59 View Post
Unless all of those items require a large gauge wire, you could make a drop out pigtail. Start with a 8-10 ring terminal and crimp in two shorter 14ga (?) wires with insulated spade connectors crimped on the other end of the wires. Crimp mating insulated spade connectors on those other accessories/devices' wires and connect them in with the split pigtail.

I'm not very familiar with sparky carts so I don't have any idea what gauge wires are required for those devices. I use this solution often for my gasser's wiring projects.
The biggest one I have, other than the charging cable, is a 14ga (maybe 12ga) for the voltage reducer.
Old 10-31-2018, 09:13 PM   #14
Rooster59
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

You might be able to consolidate two of them the way I described.
Old 10-31-2018, 09:17 PM   #15
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Why not combine a few wires into a single ring terminal?
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 05:24 AM   #16
Rooster59
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

That's what my suggestion would accomplish, but allow those combined to still be detachable individually if desired without disturbing the battery post nut.
Old 11-01-2018, 08:02 AM   #17
bobbycason
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by gornoman View Post
Why not combine a few wires into a single ring terminal?
Just didn't think about having this issue honestly. I was installing the electronics one piece at a time and didn't even notice it until I realized I only had a little less than a flush nut and still needed to put the charging cables on. I did all this while I had the body off so the charging cables were one of the last things to go on.
Old 11-01-2018, 08:18 AM   #18
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

I really think you'd benefit a lot from using a fuse panel like mentioned before. It will keep it looking neater and make it easier in the future when you need to add more 12v accessories.
NCPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 08:53 AM   #19
bobbycason
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCPW View Post
I really think you'd benefit a lot from using a fuse panel like mentioned before. It will keep it looking neater and make it easier in the future when you need to add more 12v accessories.
I have one of these installed on the 12v side of the reducer for the 12v accessories. The issue I had was at the battery pack with the length of the battery post and all the things I had on it. I'll probably end up getting one with 6 circuits on it for the golf cart and install this one on the RZR as originally intended, I just had this handy and needed lights to go camping last weekend.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 91Ef-cG4R5L__SL1500_.jpg (87.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 11-01-2018, 09:05 AM   #20
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

That's the same one I use.

What other connections, other than your high current cable and 48v reducer, do you have/need on the main pack (+)?

Edit: I've also used the fuse panel Rooster linked with good results.

Last edited by NCPW; 11-01-2018 at 09:07 AM.. Reason: added info
NCPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO