lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-05-2018, 06:00 PM   #11
PJay
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Electric motor H.P.

Short of calling the shop, is there a way to check that it was installed?

You might be onto something.

When I ordered the Alltrax from Scottyb, I told him I had a stock G.E. motor and to also set up the 3 position switch. I don't program and did not want to mess with it. That's what he did.

I installed everything and it worked fine except the stutter on the peddle.

So I decided to get new batteries and while talking to the shop guy, I decided to get a new motor and MCOR. What he programmed, I don't know??
PJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-05-2018, 06:17 PM   #12
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

It would also be of benefit to you to download the Alltrax Tool Kit and the Software Manual from here https://alltraxinc.com/alltrax-tool-kit/

Then you will be able to connect it to your laptop via a USB Printer cable and then you can check the Field Map, RPM settings, amperage, etc. That will also be needed to set up the Personality switch you purchased.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 06:21 PM   #13
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

And if it is mapped for your stock motor, that is definitely your problem. The tool kit I referenced above will allow you to check that and change it with the correct one.

Just email Alltrax CS here helpdesk@alltraxinc.com and tell them the model motor you have and they will email you the correct map. You can install it with the tool kit in less than 5 minutes. Very easy and it will allow you to get more familiar with your controller as you will have to/need to set each position of your personality switch up for your own personal needs with the same Tool Kit software. (And if you need some help, we will be right here for you!)
Old 11-05-2018, 06:34 PM   #14
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I have 2 of these motors in my test fleet. One with a 400 amp XCT and one with a 300 amp XCT both on stock tires. One in a 2014 precedent. One in a 2011 TXT48 both carts go 27.5 mph at factory limit 6000 rpms. Both carts rocket to 32 mph without rpm limit. The 5hp rating is easily conservative

Find the correct map for this motor attached.
Attached Files
File Type: zip FSIP_221-48VSPEEDCC-V1.zip (1.0 KB, 0 views)
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 08:47 PM   #15
PJay
Not Yet Wild

Thanks guys. I don't even have a lap top, but I'll see what I can do. It may take more than 5 minutes for me.

I'm a 68 year old 100% disabled Vietnam Veteran with a defib/pacemaker, fake heart valve and sugar. I'm slow at gettin around and gettin up off the floor. But we will try.

Thank's for the help and ideas.
Old 11-05-2018, 09:43 PM   #16
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Go here to download the TOOLKIT software and user manual or request an RMA # to return the controller for reprogramming.

https://alltraxinc.com/alltrax-tool-kit/
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 10:38 PM   #17
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJay View Post
Thanks guys. I don't even have a lap top, but I'll see what I can do. It may take more than 5 minutes for me.

I'm a 68 year old 100% disabled Vietnam Veteran with a defib/pacemaker, fake heart valve and sugar. I'm slow at gettin around and gettin up off the floor. But we will try.

Thank's for the help and ideas.
Where are you located? If near me I can come do it (Have Laptop - Will Travel), if not, if you can get someone with a PC, I can walk you or them through it on the phone.
Old 11-06-2018, 03:06 PM   #18
PJay
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Go here to download the TOOLKIT software and user manual or request an RMA # to return the controller for reprogramming.

I bought the controller from you. Where do i get a RMA# and where do I send it??

I downloaded the motor map you posted and it's in Chinese??

https://alltraxinc.com/alltrax-tool-kit/
I bought the controller from you. Where do I get a RMA# and where do I send it?
Old 11-06-2018, 03:10 PM   #19
PJay
Not Yet Wild

NoleFan4ever,

Good offer but I think Ohio is a little far. However a phone call might not be a bad idea.
Old 11-06-2018, 06:40 PM   #20
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJay View Post
NoleFan4ever,

Good offer but I think Ohio is a little far. However a phone call might not be a bad idea.
PM sent....
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car