lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-07-2018, 05:10 PM   #21
ag4ever
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: ? For people with ATV tires

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post
Lol... Not worth debating - If you feel you know it, then by all means you run with it. Hypothesis are easy when there is empirical data supporting them but hey, it is like my old grandpappy use to say, you can lead a horse to water but you cannot make him drink. I cannot tell you what to do or not to do as your perception is your reality. That is the case with all of us....
I did not believe it at first, but it was proven to me. And it was confirmed when I ran an experiment.

I pulled a JLG T-500 through my yard with 80 psi in the tires. Left 2 nice ruts in the yard. Decreased the air pressure to 30 psi, and it floated on the grass with no ruts in the yard. Tires looked like upside down mushrooms, but it did not destroy the yard.
ag4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-07-2018, 05:24 PM   #22
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

I got You now, Your description of Newton's 3rd law is of course still correct , here is an interesting article (to me anyway) for the farmers here about how soil compaction at different depths are affected by what we are talking about, interesting that the surface PSI does not have an impact at the lower subsoil:
https://extension.psu.edu/avoiding-soil-compaction
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 05:57 PM   #23
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Was hoping someone would dig that up. Yes, we are VERY aware of compaction, tire size, psi and axle loads. Industry is starting to develop onboard, on the fly, inflation/deflation systems for heavy equipment that does a lot of roading. Manure tankers are one example.
dundeebarnbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 08:58 PM   #24
ag4ever
Gone Wild
Club Car

Great study on soil compaction!
ag4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car