lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-09-2018, 11:11 PM   #1
69Bluez
Not Yet Wild

Thumbs up Battery upgrade Kit question

Hello, Im very new to carting and just purchased my first cart. 2008 Club Car Precedent . I am going to convert to 6-8volts from 4- 12 volts and have heard of a Kit to make this happen but can't seem to find who sells them and what they contain. Is it best to modify the current battery tub I have to fit the 6 8 volt batteries or is there a kit with a new Tub? A new 600+amp controller and a series motor are on the to do list as well... Great site.... looking forward to getting this hunting cart project going!
69Bluez is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-09-2018, 11:33 PM   #2
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

Default Re: Battery upgrade Kit question

Why a series motor when your cart is not a series drive ?

As far as kits for the battery swap and all your CC needs contact David Hicks (Site Sponsor) > https://www.revolutiongolfcars.com/ 706-431-3917 info@revolutiongolfcars.com
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 12:10 AM   #3
Gazoo
Gone Wild

Club Car

I might be wrong but its possible your tub will handle both 12 volt or 8 volt battery configs. Check with Dave at Revolution to be sure. I did the conversion on my 06 Precedent, there are many threads on the subject.
Gazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 11:31 AM   #4
69Bluez
Not Yet Wild

Thanks Guys, I am in contact with Dave, Nice guy! I am wanting as much torque as I can get for hunting in Hilly areas with some fat boys on board! Im still listening and learning and most are suggestion a big series motor to achieve my goals.....I have the 8 volt batteries , Just wondering if I can delete the switch and controller in my current battery tub, Ive read the info on here on modifying the tub for the batteries, I just want to be sure theres not something new I have not seen...Thanks for the replies
69Bluez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 02:37 PM   #5
rib33024

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swan View Post
Why a series motor when your cart is not a series drive ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Bluez View Post
most are suggestion a big series motor to achieve my goals.....
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car