lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-20-2018, 03:51 PM   #21
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Sumptin wong!

That all looks good now

On your Motor, the two terminals on the body of the Motor are the Stator Winding posts or S1 and S2, if they are indeed going to where you have the 1 and 2 marks on the FNR, that is correct.

The motor posts on the Motor end cap are the Armature post or A1 and A2.

One of them goes to the Controller where the B+ cable from the Solenoid is connected and the other goes to the FNR #4 marking.

Does the Solenoid click in both Forward and Reverse positions?
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-20-2018, 04:03 PM   #22
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Please post a picture of the Solenoid showing the big post connections, it looks like You have the small ring connectors under the big cable lugs, that would be an issue as well as it may prevent high current from flowing.

Again, the big lugs go first in direct contact with the surface below for maximum current transfer and reduced connection resistance (heat).

Also make sure the red wire connected to the Controller KSI pin is connected to the solenoid small post with the white/black-stripe wire from the FNR micro-switch.
Old 12-20-2018, 07:09 PM   #23
BigOL3
Gone Wild

7 Green LED Flash = Club Car 5k-0 3 wire throttle .......

What/where is the 5K03 wire throttle? Would that be a cause of my 'no go'? The controller gives 7 flashes after solenoid clicks.
BigOL3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 07:25 PM   #24
BigOL3
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
That all looks good now

On your Motor, the two terminals on the body of the Motor are the Stator Winding posts or S1 and S2, if they are indeed going to where you have the 1 and 2 marks on the FNR, that is correct.....

The motor posts on the Motor end cap are the Armature post or A1 and A2.....

One of them goes to the Controller where the B+ cable from the Solenoid is connected and the other goes to the FNR #4 marking......

Does the Solenoid click in both Forward and Reverse positions?
Yes, clicks both ways.
Old 12-20-2018, 07:29 PM   #25
BigOL3
Gone Wild

Sergio, ref post 22 .......

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Old 12-20-2018, 07:34 PM   #26
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Change those wires on the Solenoid big posts.

The big cable lugs go first in direct contact with the Solenoid metal surface, the small ring connectors go on top of the cable lug.

Please confirm the red wire on the solenoid small post is also connected to the red wire on Controller KSI terminal.
Old 12-20-2018, 07:56 PM   #27
BigOL3
Gone Wild

Quote:
Please post a picture of the Solenoid showing the big post connections, it looks like You have the small ring connectors under the big cable lugs, that would be an issue as well as it may prevent high current from flowing.
Pic in above post
Again, the big lugs go first in direct contact with the surface below for maximum current transfer and reduced connection resistance (heat).

Also make sure the red wire connected to the Controller KSI pin is connected to the solenoid small post with the white/black-stripe wire from the FNR micro-switch.
You lost me on that last part. I see the red wire connected to KSI, next to B+. See above pic, there are some small wires (2 red, 1 yellow), that comes out of the wire bundle that connects to solenoid, but I have no idea if the connect to the red in KSI, at some point previously or with the white/black from FNR???
Old 12-20-2018, 08:02 PM   #28
BigOL3
Gone Wild

Quote:
Change those wires on the Solenoid big posts.

The big cable lugs go first in direct contact with the Solenoid metal surface, the small ring connectors go on top of the cable lug.

Please confirm the red wire on the solenoid small post is also connected to the red wire on Controller KSI terminal.
Since that pic, I removed the small diode from under the cable lugs and put cable down first.

There are 2 red wires on solenoid ..... which one? Never mind, I see .... on small post! ..... Can I splice another wire between the red on solenoid run to red on KSI, or do I have to find if they are connected somewhere inside the length of the buddle?
Old 12-20-2018, 08:50 PM   #29
BigOL3
Gone Wild

I ran a splice between the 2 red wires, nothing changed.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Old 12-20-2018, 09:05 PM   #30
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

It may be the photo angle but it does look like the cable from the battery is floating over the solenoid big post and not making contact.

You did move the resistor and the red wire ring connectors on top of the big cable lug right?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car