lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-18-2019, 10:26 AM   #1
zero26tb4u
Not Yet Wild

Default 2014 TXT - Do I Need To Seal Front Box Frame Opening

Hi guys,

I am removing rust and repainting my frame, and noticed that there is an opening in the box frame at the front. It seems to have some flexible material inside the frame.

Some of the frame has flaked off and I'm wondering how far back this flexible material goes and if I need to reseal it.

And if so, with what?

Thanks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20191117_130732.jpg (161.5 KB, 0 views)
zero26tb4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-19-2019, 02:04 PM   #2
zero26tb4u
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2014 TXT - Do I Need To Seal Front Box Frame Opening

Bump. I thought someone would know the answer to this.

Thanks.
Old 11-19-2019, 02:53 PM   #3
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

I can't recall ever seeing a TXT where that channel was closed off. I agree that is seems like perhaps it should have been closed off from new, but again I can't say I've ever seen them closed off. Now it should probably remain open to the air so whatever moisture has gotten in can get out.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 03:19 PM   #4
zero26tb4u
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by meimk View Post
I can't recall ever seeing a TXT where that channel was closed off. I agree that is seems like perhaps it should have been closed off from new, but again I can't say I've ever seen them closed off. Now it should probably remain open to the air so whatever moisture has gotten in can get out.
Yeah, I'm not really sure.

Sealed makes sense to prevent anything from getting in since it has no way to get out. I could see a lot of sand, mud, and other stuff getting in there.

And open makes sense to let moisture out, as you mentioned.

I may need to stop by a dealer and look.
Old 11-20-2019, 03:55 AM   #5
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

They were never closed. I suppose if you are doing a custom build, that's a feature you could add that ezgo assembly line production couldn't allow time for. Consider that they "run on time usage", just like any assembly line, and some details that "might be better, but were not absolutely necessary" didn't fit their time constraints. I have seen installs where they run rear light wires through the inside of the frame channels.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO