lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-13-2020, 10:16 PM   #1
God of Thunder
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Putting the TXT back together with bolts?

I see rivet kits everywhere - and I did a search to no avail, but why can't I put the body, seat, dash, etc back on the cart with bolts - instead of the rivets?
God of Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-13-2020, 11:00 PM   #2
DBR1990
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Putting the TXT back together with bolts?

There is no reason that you can’t. It’s yours
DBR1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 08:52 AM   #3
Imapled
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by God of Thunder View Post
I see rivet kits everywhere - and I did a search to no avail, but why can't I put the body, seat, dash, etc back on the cart with bolts - instead of the rivets?
I have seen people use self tapping screws too. Not fond of it but, it does work. The challenge is putting on the front cowl. I haven't figured out a way to do it without rivets.
Imapled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 09:11 AM   #4
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Where the body connects to the frame, fine. but where you put the dash to the front cowl, its plastic on plastic, you would be a LOT better off with rivets there.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 10:34 AM   #5
webwarmiller
Not Yet Wild

There are all sorts of different fasteners that would work on the dash to cowl. Well nuts, spring nuts, or U-clips would allow you to use screws. And then there are different types of plastic push-in 'rivets' that would work.

If/when I take my body off, I'll probably go with some type of spring nut/u-clip when putting it back on.
webwarmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 10:42 AM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

It's natural to want to improve what might appear to be an inferior way of fastening the TXT body to the frame. That was my initial thought thought too. But having removed the body from many different carts I have come to embrace the simple effective pop rivet. You simply need the right tools and the right rivets. The right size drill bits and a HF air rivet gun are almost essential.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 10:43 AM   #7
DanGoneWild
Not Yet Wild

I use them plastic christmas tree looking push-in "rivets" on the dash and other places where you have a 1/4 inch hole or so... holding the dash in etc. Actually a pretty good look imo. You can get them by the dozens for practically nothing on Amazon. Mine have held up really good. Reusable and if not, no problem, super easy to replace.
DanGoneWild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 12:35 PM   #8
God of Thunder
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Awesome! I appreciate all the tips!
God of Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 07:24 PM   #9
Cobra,1
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Only place I used volt/screws is dash, switch plate cover since that is only piece I have had to access more then once. They had a piece that clipped on edge of plastic serving as a blind nut so screw could be used to fasten panel.
You can also find those reusable plastic rivets where you unscrew center or pull out center of rivet to remove,install.
Found them in the “help” isle of a auto parts store.
Dzuz fastener also work. Similar to blind nuts can be found on summit race parts.
Cobra,1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2022, 07:54 AM   #10
JoanRees
Not Yet Wild

I am sure that to fix the hull securely, it is necessary to use bolts because this fixing will be much stronger. Plastic rivets tend to deform, so they will quickly lose their function. It is better not to save money and buy good bolts here at school.com.au. I have bought it many times here building materials. I am sure that you will be able to find bolts of the size you need. Thanks to the bolts, you can create a strong structure that will not break at the slightest blow.
JoanRees is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO