lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-29-2021, 02:18 PM   #11
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: 2001 EZGO TXT Series Speed & Battery Issues

There are many types of reducers so without knowing which one we would be dealing with its difficult to point to a particular diagram...some reducers have a specific wire for activation and others just have the 4 (36 volt IN/OUT and 12 volt IN/OUT) where you would simply put the 36 volt in from reducer to the key switch ON wire...(which is the green wire on the back of your key switch I believe...
camaroluvz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-29-2021, 04:16 PM   #12
O1PewterWS6
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaroluvz28 View Post
Also a few things you may or may not know but should while we are on the subject... NEVER ground directly to frame on an electric cart like you can a gas cart...can cause many issues one being a huge fire hazard... Also if you are trying to listen to radio AM/FM and aren't getting good signal it is due to the radio also not being grounded through frame like on a car so you will need to purchase a Powered Antenna for good reception...just some knowledge based on your carts build that may or may not be relevant...
Mine is just a Bluetooth receiver so no AM/FM worries.
O1PewterWS6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 04:20 PM   #13
O1PewterWS6
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaroluvz28 View Post
There are many types of reducers so without knowing which one we would be dealing with its difficult to point to a particular diagram...some reducers have a specific wire for activation and others just have the 4 (36 volt IN/OUT and 12 volt IN/OUT) where you would simply put the 36 volt in from reducer to the key switch ON wire...(which is the green wire on the back of your key switch I believe...
I was looking at this: https://www.amazon.com/Kohree-Conver...NsaWNrPXRydWU=

and this: https://www.amazon.com/Terminal-Nega...YJ3RGK53F56F1W
Old 03-29-2021, 09:23 PM   #14
O1PewterWS6
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
Lifted typical means taller than stock (18") tires, which reduces torque and if the tires have an aggressive tread, they may also be the low pressure (<10PSI max inflation pressure) type, which are amp hogs.

Only getting about 2 miles usually means battery issues.
One or more bad batteries.
Not getting fully charged.
Cold weather.

Attached are some things that may be helpful.

The voltage on the SoC chart are taken 12 hours after charger shuts off.

The second one shows you how to read the date codes and the third shows how much the storage capacity is reduced by low temperatures.

What is the overall height and max inflation pressure of the tires?

What make/model charger?

What does the pack voltage and individual battery voltages drop to when climbing a hill?
Cart was fully charged and my wife snuck and took it out for a second. Tested the batteries and all 6 read between 6.9-7 so they seem to be healthy.
Old 03-30-2021, 06:31 AM   #15
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by O1PewterWS6 View Post
Those will work just fine, I've actually used the same reducer for a few builds myself...
camaroluvz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2021, 09:51 AM   #16
O1PewterWS6
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

After doing more research I see that Johnnie said this on a series cart:

Only three ways to increase the speed of a series drive.
1. Increase the battery pack voltage. (increases both speed and torque)
2. Change the final drive ratio by changing tire height or differential gears. (Increases speed but reduces torque.
3. Change the motor.

I bought my TXT for $3500 with 6x brand new Trojan t-105s. I am debating do I fix all these issues of converting to 36v to 12v, then start upgrading the motor and different parts to be stuck with a Series cart. Do I cut my losses sell what I have and find a TXT PDS or a different cart? Opinions?
Old 03-30-2021, 11:05 AM   #17
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

It depends on what you are going to be doing with the cart. Series drives make good off-road or hunting carts and can be used to pull manure spreaders, but getting a series drive cart to do 20MPH is expensive, while sepex drives do well as on-road or mild off-road carts and are capable of speeds over 20MPH at minimal expense.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2021, 01:35 PM   #18
O1PewterWS6
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
It depends on what you are going to be doing with the cart. Series drives make good off-road or hunting carts and can be used to pull manure spreaders, but getting a series drive cart to do 20MPH is expensive, while sepex drives do well as on-road or mild off-road carts and are capable of speeds over 20MPH at minimal expense.
100% on-road! Feel like I can get the same amount I paid for it back but then I will be out looking for a cart again. Also it has a good amount of cosmetic stuff done to it. What would you do?
Old 03-30-2021, 01:44 PM   #19
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Personally, I'd go looking for a TXT-48 or an RXV, but it doesn't matter what I'd do, what you want is the important decision.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2021, 04:32 PM   #20
O1PewterWS6
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Personally, I'd go looking for a TXT-48 or an RXV, but it doesn't matter what I'd do, what you want is the important decision.
Would you say a upgrade to a Plum Quick motor is worth a shot to see what I get or it won't really be noticeable?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO