lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-22-2021, 11:03 AM   #1
Hoghunter92
Not Yet Wild

Default 83 marathon

So I got like a 83 marathon gold cart and I just replaced the f/reverse switch the one I replaced it with has 2 micros in which I believe to be one for forward one for the reverse beeper. The switch I replaced had only 1 micro switch. So I'm not sure how to wire it up properly. I have the new fwrd rev switch in the cart drives as should forward and reverse but the reverse sensor isn't working when in reverse I've switched some wires around and all I can get it to do is either not work at all or the beeper comes on in forward and reverse. Also when I got the cart the keyswitch doesn't work cart stays on all the time key switch is wired yellow to the solenoid and to the fwd/rvs switch but doesn't kill power. I need to figure out how to wire this thing properly if anyone has any knowledge to help that would be awsome I don't know much about golf carts this is my first one and I dont really wanna pay a shop $125 an hour to do it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Resized_20210302_180959.jpg (22.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Resized_20210304_200524.jpg (13.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Resized_20210304_200556.jpg (12.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Resized_20210304_200513.jpg (12.9 KB, 0 views)
Hoghunter92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-22-2021, 01:25 PM   #2
coosa
Gone Wild

Default Re: 83 marathon

The wiring diagrams are in this thread:

https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=167677

Good luck with it. It will run without some of those Microswitches; it depends on your situation as to whether that is safe or not. Mine stayed in the woods so I intentionally bypassed the key switch. It would be easy for a thief to defeat it, so that was just one less thing to worry about for me. That might not be a good idea for your situation.

The old resistor carts were simple; just trace the flow and you can figure out what isn't working. I sometimes wish I still had mine.
coosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO