lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-09-2021, 09:54 PM   #1
passthru
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Club car won't go

I have a 2001 48V DS that has a lithium upgrade, an Admiral high torque motor and a 500 amp altrax controller. Been running pretty good and the upgrades have been nice. Until recently when about three times I've pushed the accelerator and I can hear a rubbing like noise in the rear end but no go. Push the cart forward a couple of feet and then it would go. Last weekend it just quit after about a mile and a half ride back to the camp house. I went through the gate, then no go.
So I've got it home on the trailer, start tearing in and find brakes full of sand and not releasing fully. Get all that freed up, take drums off. Rear axles will turn easily but, the motor still won't go. Take it off, splines are good, no obvious issues in the rear end oil either. Switch to original motor, sounds like its running, the hubs turn slowly. But, not sounding right still in the rear end. Of course it seems neither motor spins not hooked up to the rear end.
So I'm thinking I lost something in the drive line but not sure what. I don't thing in the gearbox as the oil that l let a tiny bit out was clear and had no grit in that I could feel.
Could it be an MCOR issue not sending full throttle to the motor or is it in my rear end?
Thanx in advance for the input and help.
passthru is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-09-2021, 10:20 PM   #2
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Default Re: Club car won't go

From what you describe, neither the motors or the rear end is the problem.

I don't know anything about that controller so hopefully somebody will chime in.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 04:00 PM   #3
_ogre
Golf Cart? oops 😉

Club Car

Quote:
Push the cart forward a couple of feet and then it would go
this sounds like brushes in the motor, have you looked at them?
i realize you tested another motor, no idea there
_ogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 10:02 PM   #4
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by passthru View Post
Of course it seems neither motor spins not hooked up to the rear end.
Am I reading this correctly? Neither motor spins NOT hooked up to the rear end?

If this is correct, your problem is not in the rear end. It could be the MCOR, solenoid, or incorrectly set Alltrax, although you said it ran fine earlier.

Since the cart ran after pushing it several times, I'll put my money on the solenoid being bad.
Tom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 07:26 AM   #5
passthru
Gone Wild

Club Car

After reading a couple of the MCOR threads I'm suspect of it as well. It is six or so years old.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
Old 05-11-2021, 02:48 PM   #6
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom47 View Post
Am I reading this correctly? Neither motor spins NOT hooked up to the rear end?

If this is correct, your problem is not in the rear end. It could be the MCOR, solenoid, or incorrectly set Alltrax, although you said it ran fine earlier.

Since the cart ran after pushing it several times, I'll put my money on the solenoid being bad.
Yes, either I read it wrong to start with or the info above was changed.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 02:56 PM   #7
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooncarter View Post
Yes, either I read it wrong to start with or the info above was changed.
Or you can just do what I did/do. Just start replacing things until it runs!
Old 05-12-2021, 10:16 AM   #8
passthru
Gone Wild

Club Car

Yup. That's where I am

Old 05-12-2021, 03:54 PM   #9
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Has the solenoid been changed to a 200 amp one? In light of what you have going on, I think I would check that first.

With the rear wheels off the ground (in case it starts), check for 48 volts (nominal) across the BIG terminals of the solenoid with key switch on, NO go pedal.

Then while holding the volt meter leads on the big terminals, have someone push the go pedal. Voltage should go to zero. If you continue to have 48 volts (nominal), the solenoid is not closing.

If this is the case, check for 48 volts across the small terminals when the go pedal is pushed. Don't worry about voltage across them when the pedal is not pushed. You can have feedback voltages.

Let us know what you find.
Old 05-12-2021, 10:10 PM   #10
passthru
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom47 View Post
Has the solenoid been changed to a 200 amp one? In light of what you have going on, I think I would check that first.

With the rear wheels off the ground (in case it starts), check for 48 volts (nominal) across the BIG terminals of the solenoid with key switch on, NO go pedal.

Then while holding the volt meter leads on the big terminals, have someone push the go pedal. Voltage should go to zero. If you continue to have 48 volts (nominal), the solenoid is not closing.

If this is the case, check for 48 volts across the small terminals when the go pedal is pushed. Don't worry about voltage across them when the pedal is not pushed. You can have feedback voltages.

Let us know what you find.
Solenoid is a 400amp one. Put in at the same time as the 48500 alltrax controller.

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car