lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-16-2021, 06:28 PM   #1
LDNRED
Not Yet Wild

Default EZGO Medalist controller question

I am new to this forum but hoping I can get some help with my (I believe 94) medalist. The tag was removed so not 100% sure on the year. The cart won't run.

I have disconnected the motor and tested it and it works.

The cart has new batteries

The solenoid is clicking and I am getting 37.85V once the solenoid activates.

I tested voltage on the lugs of the controller and appear to be getting full battery voltage on all but the ground.

I pulled the connector off the controller and checked voltage right when the solenoid clicks and am getting about 18 volts on the black and white wire. I thought this was supposed to be 14V??

I also tested voltage at the wires on the backside lugs on the fwd/rev switch and all tested as near full battery power

I also swapped the throttle sensor with a known good cart and it didn't make any difference.

I am stuck, I think it may be a controller, but not sure. I am also getting some bleed through voltage into the reverse circuit. With the cart in FWD, when I depress the accelerator, there is a faint tone from the reverse siren, not nearly as loud as when I actually put it on reverse.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!! I am stuck and don't want to waste money on a controller if it is something else.
LDNRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO