lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-13-2021, 08:21 PM   #1
armch33
Not Yet Wild

Default Cart drives but lights, speedometer, signals all go dead after a bit of driving

I recently purchased a 2009 Villager 2+2 DS Club Car. It already had a windshield wiper, lights, horn, signal. When we are driving everything I mentioned except for the actual driving of the cart goes out. Sometimes after I continue to drive it will start up again or it will flicker on and off or stay just completely dead. I’m not sure where to start exactly. I did replace the relay switch up by the dash and put in new lights. What should I be checking next? The 48 volt to 12 volt converter? This is stock right now. If it starts up and is running with no issues for a while then dies does that mean it could be the wiring? Also, are there any good plans on how to disassemble a villager? Sorry for so many questions, just trying to figure this one out.
armch33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-13-2021, 09:32 PM   #2
Scott quail
Gone Wild

Default Re: Cart drives but lights, speedometer, signals all go dead after a bit of driving

When everything stops working, use a volt meter and test the input and output of the reducer.
Scott quail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 09:37 PM   #3
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Cart drives but lights, speedometer, signals all go dead after a bit of driving

I think you're correct thinking it's the 48-12v converter. You are probably loosing the 12v due to a bad connection. A good place to start with intermittents is cleaning all of the cable connections. Get a can of CRC electronic cleaner. Get access to the wiring behind the dash and unplug the wires that have connector on them and spray them out and reconnect. I'm talking about the connectors like the one pictured on the can. You should be able to get the CRC at any auto store. I get mine at O'Reilly's. Disconnect battery to be on the safe side.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg CRC Contact Cleaner.jpeg (21.1 KB, 0 views)
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lights, power, short, wiring
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car