lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-16-2022, 09:27 PM   #1
ImplantLabTech
Getting Wild

Default Suspension issues

So I recently rebuilt a precedent, it has a jakes 3" spindle lift and the rear stock spring swapped above the rear axle with blocks. Before I did my restoration it ran semi smooth not bouncing with this kit but a bit wandering because the bushings were shot and the rack was worn.

So after replacing all the bushings, the shocks and the rack/tie rods it seems much stiffer and has a ton of bump steer.

When I take a framing square to the tires the camber is the same from side to side and almost zero. When I check my toe its less than 1/4 in so I think I am in spec. All the bushings were tight going in and I used the german speck to tighten things down to "good n tite" The car tracts straight with no hands on the wheel but it seems squirrely when it hits a bump and it's definitely not dampening like it did before the retrofit. The new rims and tires appear to be good but who knows if they are balanced or true, when you buy a set on amazon you assume they are.

Anyhow there is no slop anywhere as I can tell and god knows I really think I have done everything correct but I am unsatisfied with the result. Any tips are greatly appreciated.
ImplantLabTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-16-2022, 09:45 PM   #2
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: Suspension issues

You need 1/8 or less toe-in. Closer to 0 toe is best in my experience. The precedents are picky and even getting the toe angle at exactly 0 it may not ride the way you want it to. With the lift spindles you have a lot more weight placed further out from the control arms and that tends to cause the camber to be off even if you try to set everything properly. When you sit on the cart it will then push the alignment out. It’s just one of the issues you have to deal with when using a lift spindle.
Set the toe closer to 0, and then re-check camber angle.
Also if you put lower profile tires on it will ride rougher because of those. Less sideway means less cushion when you hit a bump.
Check air pressure in the tires as well. I tend to run 15-16 front and 17-18 rear in all mine.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2022, 11:22 PM   #3
ImplantLabTech
Getting Wild

Default Re: Suspension issues

Thanks for the tips, The cart is not squealing however I am wondering if I need to grease the bushings. Wonder if they are binding???

I think I put some on to tap them into place really can't remember. I just know that all these new parts are making it ride way more harsh so I assume I did something less than correct on install.
ImplantLabTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car