lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-20-2022, 09:35 PM   #1
kah00na
Not Yet Wild
Columbia

Default ezgo, help identify switch part

Can someone assist with identifying this part from my 1982 EZGO? It is a switch of some kind. The middle wire on it is not connected to anything.
solenoid wiring.jpg
kah00na is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-21-2022, 08:30 AM   #2
Sideways
Gone Wild

Default Re: ezgo, help identify switch part

I don't have anything for a 1982 but according to
https://www.ezgogolfcartguide.com/ezgo-parts/X-440-84/
a micro switch for F&R switch for 1984
EZGO B-10606-G2
Sideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 08:48 AM   #3
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

This one? https://www.ultimatecartparts.com/Pr...1__MS-005.aspx
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 06:10 PM   #4
kah00na
Not Yet Wild
Columbia

Thanks for the links. I went ahead and ordered 2 of those micro switches. I also ordered two more of these roller switches, shown in the picture, since they came up in my search also. The battery next to these switches swelled and spilled out battery acid on them. I'm sure that is not good for them. I'm hoping that one of these switches is preventing the golf car from working. Neither one is working right now.
roller_switch.jpg
Old 07-23-2022, 02:55 PM   #5
kah00na
Not Yet Wild
Columbia

The new switches arrived and I was able to get them installed. I hooked the batteries back up and it moved. It didn't move very well though, one of the batteries is expanded and spills out battery acid. It was outputting 5.5 volts when I tested the cart so it was good enough to see the cart try to move. Now I need to get a better battery and put in and make sure that it will actually do more than just move a little... like drive me around, then I'll purchase a real replacement battery.
IMG_20220723_144030313.jpgIMG_20220723_143800753.jpg
The switch on the upper right shown inside my cart, the old one had battery acid splashed on it. That ruined the switch and ate away some of the mounting plate that the switch is attached to. The plate is still in good enough condition to hold the new switch just fine - it just doesn't look very nice.

One more thing. On the switch with the paddle, there is a wire coming off the middle of it that is not attached to anything. Does anyone know what that wire is supposed to be connected to? I've looked at a couple of wiring diagrams but I can't tell for sure.
Old 07-24-2022, 06:12 PM   #6
Capt. Lenny
Born to be Wild

E-Z-GO

A lot of those switches have 2 screw connections when only 2 are used. They can be wired normally open or normally closed. Use a meter to find out which ones to use. Not real shure how it needs to be wired since it’s kind of ate up.
Capt. Lenny is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ezgo
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO