lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-22-2022, 02:49 PM   #1
er455
Not Yet Wild

Default Rxv to lithium charging port

Ok I have a 2012 rxv I want to swap to lithium batter with onboard charger that came with battery the charging port does not have the blue wire that the rxv port has what do I do with the blue wire ?? Is it needed ?
er455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-24-2022, 07:28 PM   #2
cartdoc1969
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Rxv to lithium charging port

If it's a Danaher, that blue wire sends pack voltage to pin 17 on the controller without the cart plugged in to the charger. When the charger is plugged in there is no voltage applied to pin 17 and that causes the controller to lock out during charging. You would need to apply pack voltage to the blue wire for the cart to operate. Without it the controller will think you're charging and the cart won't run.

If it's a Curtis controlled cart then pin 11 is the charge lockout connection. Per the Curtis manual....Charger interlock input < 4V with charger plugged in. Should be > 16V unplugged. I'm not that familiar with the Curtis ones so I don't know if you can apply full pack voltage to that pin. Hopefully one of the Curtis guys will chime in on it.
cartdoc1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2022, 08:23 AM   #3
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartdoc1969 View Post
If it's a Danaher, that blue wire sends pack voltage to pin 17 on the controller without the cart plugged in to the charger. When the charger is plugged in there is no voltage applied to pin 17 and that causes the controller to lock out during charging. You would need to apply pack voltage to the blue wire for the cart to operate. Without it the controller will think you're charging and the cart won't run.

If it's a Curtis controlled cart then pin 11 is the charge lockout connection. Per the Curtis manual....Charger interlock input < 4V with charger plugged in. Should be > 16V unplugged. I'm not that familiar with the Curtis ones so I don't know if you can apply full pack voltage to that pin. Hopefully one of the Curtis guys will chime in on it.
Just for future reference the Curtis controller is just like the Danaher. Put pack positive voltage to the blue wire going to pin 11.
usgicollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2022, 01:28 PM   #4
cartdoc1969
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by usgicollector View Post
Just for future reference the Curtis controller is just like the Danaher. Put pack positive voltage to the blue wire going to pin 11.
Great, thanks for letting me know. All the carts I maintain have the Danaher so I never got a chance to play with a Curtis cart.
cartdoc1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO