lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-24-2022, 08:50 PM   #1
Lake Beaver
Not Yet Wild

Default Ezgo Marathon running full speed when barely pushing pedal

I recently purchased an EZGO Marathon golf cart that has been sitting in a barn for 4 years. I am not sure of the year because the id tag is missing. I put on new batteries and when I would drive it it would only go if you barely pushed on the gas pedal (forward and reverse). I checked the potentiometer and it checked fine but the FNR switch was really hot. I replaced the FNR switch and it did the same thing. I went out there today and when I barely pushed the pedal it would take off full speed (forward and reverse). Then there was a big spark on the bottom of the controller and it blew the bottom cover off of it. I did check the potentiometer today and it measures from 0 ohms to 2300 ohms. Can anyone help me figure out the year cart I have from the attached pictures? Also, where do I go from here? Do I need to buy a controller?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20220719_114515.jpg (233.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20220719_114521.jpg (225.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20220719_114719.jpg (236.2 KB, 0 views)
Lake Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-24-2022, 08:53 PM   #2
Lake Beaver
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Ezgo Marathon running full speed when barely pushing pedal

I found the wiring diagram on this site.
Lake Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO