lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-05-2013, 11:31 AM   #21
Speedchaser
Gone Wild

Default Re: Speedy Link?

The speedink is not causing your battery problem, your weak batteries is the problem. Are they properly filled with water? Is your charger working? You need to do some testing with a volt meter. I beleive you will find you are not starting with a fully charged set of bats or you have one or more bad bats.
Speedchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-27-2013, 02:18 PM   #22
shoalsgary
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicj View Post
i don't have one so i have no way of testing this... im guessing the motor reads rotation by means of a hall effect sensor. if the frequency output by the sensor is cut in half, the esc will always think it's going half as fast as it really is. this can be accomplished by using a D type flip-flop as a frequency divide by two counter. in other words, a $0.50 chip with no software programming required. again, just a guess...
-sj
Could you post a wiring diagram so I can wire myself a flip-flop chip and save myself the cost of a Speedi-link? I'm also assuming that the two pole magnet replacements accomplish the same results...
shoalsgary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 03:38 PM   #23
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

A Frequency divider will do the same thing as the magnet swap but you have to know what the voltages are that you are dealing with and have some basic electronics knowledge. I would not recommend doing this for $$. Liability isn't worth it.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 01:01 AM   #24
Kramlinck1
Getting Wild
Club Car

I just purchased the speedylink with fingers crossed for my 2006 48v transporter/carryall with the correct suggested motor. This cart has the IQ plus system, whatever that means. I gain absolutely nothing after installing it. Am I missing something? Will this not work with the IQ plus? should I just resort to the speed code change? I was just trying to avoid the hassle of taking it somewhere to have it done and paying out of my butt for it.
Kramlinck1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 07:01 PM   #25
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kramlinck1 View Post
I just purchased the speedylink with fingers crossed for my 2006 48v transporter/carryall with the correct suggested motor. This cart has the IQ plus system, whatever that means. I gain absolutely nothing after installing it. Am I missing something? Will this not work with the IQ plus? should I just resort to the speed code change? I was just trying to avoid the hassle of taking it somewhere to have it done and paying out of my butt for it.
Speedy Link, nor a high speed magnet will give you the results you're looking for with the IQ Plus system. The 1520 controller monitors speeds two different ways, very similar to the 1515 Excel controller. Changing the speed signal only modified one method of speed communication. The controller also monitors the field coil voltage to determine speed and control motor braking. Without making a change to both, you're not going to get results. For the IQ Plus system, my recommendation is to replace the 1520 controller with a 1268. It has the same footprint and same wiring pinout and is a direct swap. The 1268 will allow you to use a Curtis handheld programmer without all of the restrictions in the 1520 that Club Car implements into their OEM controllers. You can adjust the 1268 to do whatever you want it to do.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 09:37 PM   #26
Kramlinck1
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
Speedy Link, nor a high speed magnet will give you the results you're looking for with the IQ Plus system. The 1520 controller monitors speeds two different ways, very similar to the 1515 Excel controller. Changing the speed signal only modified one method of speed communication. The controller also monitors the field coil voltage to determine speed and control motor braking. Without making a change to both, you're not going to get results. For the IQ Plus system, my recommendation is to replace the 1520 controller with a 1268. It has the same footprint and same wiring pinout and is a direct swap. The 1268 will allow you to use a Curtis handheld programmer without all of the restrictions in the 1520 that Club Car implements into their OEM controllers. You can adjust the 1268 to do whatever you want it to do.
So I cannot get the 1520 programmed?
Old 02-26-2017, 09:39 PM   #27
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
So I cannot get the 1520 programmed?
Only within the parameters that Club Car allows. You can set it to speed setting 4 which will allow 19.6mph. That's your limit.
Old 02-26-2017, 09:45 PM   #28
Kramlinck1
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
Only within the parameters that Club Car allows. You can set it to speed setting 4 which will allow 19.6mph. That's your limit.
Thank you sir!! That's all I'm looking for anyway so I need to get it programmed. Thanks. Are there any other good cheaper controllers that would plug and play? That are around 500a
Old 02-26-2017, 10:24 PM   #29
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Thank you sir!! That's all I'm looking for anyway so I need to get it programmed. Thanks. Are there any other good cheaper controllers that would plug and play? That are around 500a
Not for the IQ Plus system.
Old 03-13-2017, 11:40 AM   #30
Town Car
Not Yet Wild

Im kind of new to all of this but would this speedylink work my cart? Im not 100% sure what kind i have but i do have the serial numbers. A9845-712190
Town Car is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car