lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-22-2011, 06:05 PM   #1
hoggjaww
Not Yet Wild

Default 98 EZGO No go, nothing

Howdy fellas,

I am trying to trouble shoot a Manu. code C1698 electric EZGO. It won't do squat. The last time it moved about 10 feet then stopped. It doesn't click, spit or sputter. The full bank of batteries check out at 38.5 volts, separately they read between 6.40 and 6.45 volts.

The batteries ran down on the grand kids and they towed it back to the house, (about 50 yards) with the cart in run mode, (real low speed) could that have caused this problem?

What is this reed switch that someone has talked about bypassing? My 96 doesn't seem to have a switch to prevent you from moving the cart with the charger connected, but it does have a third wire leaving the charging receptical, only the 98 has a little has a little black rectangle hanging off of it, is that the switch?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
hoggjaww is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-23-2011, 05:25 AM   #2
libertybellcdr
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 98 EZGO No go, nothing

The reed switch wire is connected to the F&R Switch. Make sure it doesn't have any breaks or disconnects in it. When I first got my cart, the reed switch wire had been pulled on and it was broken. I re-spliced it and that solved the issue. (FYI.. The reed switch can be bypassed by running a single wire from the F&R to the battery pos (+) terminal. When I upgraded my charger, this is how I bypassed it.)

1. Examine the F&R to see if the wire that is the "reed safety" is ran to the battery (+).
2. Check the voltage on your solenoid. (If it's not clicking when the key is on and in FWD, then you don't have reed safety connected or the solenoid isn't working)

Start with these two basic ideas and get back to us.
libertybellcdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 09:17 AM   #3
hoggjaww
Not Yet Wild

Thank you for your reply.

I still don't know what you are talking about. The F&R seems to be a cam that while in reverse it presses both plunger switches and when in forward it presses just one. I don't see any other wire(s) that are connected to the F&R switch.

There is something down below the F&R switch that has a red and a black wire going to it, do I need to test it some kind of way?

Thanks again.

Harry
Old 09-23-2011, 09:38 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

You are describing a DCS F&R. can you confirm your drive system type from this chart below.

If it is a DCS cart and the kids ran it down until it would not go ... they could have likely fried the speed control.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ezgoguide.jpg (103.6 KB, 9 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 10:22 AM   #5
hoggjaww
Not Yet Wild

It is the one in the middle. The sticker on the side of the cart says Drive Control System.

How do I, or can I check the speed control if it may be fried?

Thanks again,

Harry
Old 09-26-2011, 09:27 AM   #6
hoggjaww
Not Yet Wild

Can I get some help here, or is the verdict that I need a controller? If so where is that located and can it be tested/
Old 09-27-2011, 04:52 PM   #7
pggroves
steeplejack x

E-Z-GO

Check here.
pggroves is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO