lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-16-2012, 08:14 AM   #1
purplewg
Gone Wild

Default Radio mount help

Ok, so I have a radio set with speakers I got for the cart on sale. I really don't want to do the Marine box mount. I prefer to build my own overhead console. My problem is where do I get a mount for the din style radio? I want to mount the radio in some sort of mount which will be mounted into an overhead console. Any ideas on where to get such a mount? Thanks
purplewg is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-16-2012, 12:20 PM   #2
kab69440
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Radio mount help

You can use one of those generic aftermarket underdash kits. They are cheap, and a basic console could be built around one. The great thing about the DIN chassis, is that all you really need is a hole, and the sleeve will provide the retaining force to keep it where it was put. Heck, you could walk in to a department store, buy an install kit for say, GM vehicles and design the rest of your console around whichever adapter you chose to use.
kab69440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 02:02 PM   #3
purplewg
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by kab69440 View Post
You can use one of those generic aftermarket underdash kits. They are cheap, and a basic console could be built around one. The great thing about the DIN chassis, is that all you really need is a hole, and the sleeve will provide the retaining force to keep it where it was put. Heck, you could walk in to a department store, buy an install kit for say, GM vehicles and design the rest of your console around whichever adapter you chose to use.
Yeah, I figured a single din is a single din but thought maybe one was more adaptable to building a console around. I saw the under dash kit and that is definitely a consideration. In my Gator I used a Marine chassis and it worked great but the GF has to be different ya know.
Old 04-16-2012, 03:31 PM   #4
kab69440
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Dude, I am all about different! I understand her feelings. I'm just saying you could use one as an anchor and design the rest of the console around it. Go crazy, and let's see some pics!
Old 04-17-2012, 06:23 AM   #5
purplewg
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by kab69440 View Post
Dude, I am all about different! I understand her feelings. I'm just saying you could use one as an anchor and design the rest of the console around it. Go crazy, and let's see some pics!
Yeah, I will take a closer look at it and see how I might be able to use it.

The original use of dude implied an individual unfamiliar with the demands of life outside of urban settings, as in dude ranch, a ranch catering to urbanites seeking more rural experiences. The implicit contrast is with those persons accustomed to a given frontier, agricultural, mining or other exurban setting. This usage continues into the present.

I own a cattle ranch so I suspect the term Dude does not apply to me.
Old 04-17-2012, 01:54 PM   #6
kab69440
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

No offense intended, man. I use "dude" for just about everything. If it makes you feel any better, I myself have been a city dweller for the last 23 years or so. I reckon that I, myself qualify as at least a middle-eschelon dude. Keep those cows coming, I do love some steaks and roasts!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO