lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-30-2012, 01:09 PM   #21
caokgafamily
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: D&D Torque & Speed Motor

IMSWEST,

Your a nice guy helping out Jpb31. I wonder how he found BGW?

I was out running the cart again last night and I guess I'm happy with it? I was thinking about swaping my 25"s for some 23's, I also think my batts are getting old? They are 3+ yrs and they are a knok off brand. I need to do some research and figure out how to do some batt readings?

Steve
caokgafamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-06-2018, 09:41 AM   #22
Juju
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Lmwest. Do you have 36Volt or 48 volt battery pack?
Juju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 09:42 AM   #23
Juju
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmswest View Post
As a comparison I just installed a D&D es 81-41 with an alltrax 4865 and with stock tires it will spin about a revolution or two on smooth pavement and in grass will completely burn out (torque is awesome) and with a full charge it just topped 28 mph!! Wind in my face doesnt affect it at all like it used to. going from 13-14 to over 28 with just a motor swap is awesome!
I feel like I don't want it any faster until I install the lift that lengthens and widens it for stability cause its flying now!

I couldn't find any info for it online (found a bit on the 81-21 but not the 81-41) but If I remember correctly Vic said 19 1/2 hp with 400 amps so I'm real curious what it makes with 650? Any Electrical engineers know the math? And I THINK he said 60 ish f/t l/bs of torque..
Is this with 36 bolts or 48volts ?
Juju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 08:54 AM   #24
Mikefili
Getting Wild
Club Car

I have a 14 precedent, remanufactured in 16 by a local cart store. It is lifted and I believe the tires are 23”. Stock Curtis controller stock wires Trojan bats. When I got it it would only go 19 mph, hated it and in 1 week I brought it back to trade in for gas cart. The dealer put a D&D blue motor in, I think it says 2000 on it, I could be wrong about the model, but defiantly a D&D. It now goes 25 26 all the time and I have seen 28 with the windshield down and full charge.

Wondering if there is any speed to be gained by changing the cables, also wondering if any more can be gained by a controller change to Altrex.
Mikefili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 09:51 AM   #25
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

All of the Alltrax XCT controllers give this cart 23 mph with the stock motor and 23" tires boost the speed up to above 25 mph with the stock motor. My 2014 Precdedent rockets to 27 mph with a little XCT300 and FSIP speed motor combo, that's with the speed limit set to 6000 rpms. I remove the limit it hits 32mph.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 03:12 AM   #26
reeseman44
QualityCarts

Club Car

Mike you may have the same motor as I do. 170-506-0002. 9.1 hp. Currently getting 28 mph consistently with stock controller and cables. But that May be because my brand new 205 amp batts.

I'm upgrading to a alltrax 500 and 2ga cables that I had tahoedawg map for this motor. I may install it tmro, I'll update you with my results when I do
reeseman44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car