lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-16-2015, 09:43 AM   #41
stang99x
Gone Wild

Default Re: Any New Ideas On Locking The Seat?

Yay another phone app. Won't be long they'll have one to tell you when to take a dump. But seriously, that locking mechanism has been considered by several serious fabricators. It would work with some fabbing
stang99x is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-16-2015, 05:01 PM   #42
stang99x
Gone Wild

For those of you who want to know. The system I built consisted of two 12Volt automotive style door lock actuators, two garage door lock latches, and a keyless entry system for a car. I mounted the actuators to the garage door latches on the bottom of the seat. I mounted to metal receivers to the body of the cart. I then wired up the keyless entry system to work as it would normally work in a car. When you hit the lock function, the two latches slid into the receivers and locked the seat. And when you hit unlock the actuators then slid them back and allowed access to the battery area. The only thing is, I built this on a CC Precedent. The body on the precedent allowed me to mount receivers without any real modification to it. On the ezgo, you'd have to get longer latches that would reach the frame rail where the EZGO ID sticker is. This is a conversation I have had with many cart techs, and it simply isn't possible to make a one size fits all solution......and they would require some extensive work to install by the end user. Thus I lost interest in the project. But what I built worked, and it worked well. Though if someone really wants into the battery bay front mounts would become the weak point. If you do try to build what I did, be sure during the install you leave yourself a way to unlock the actuators should you experience a malfunction. I say that from personal experience.
Old 06-17-2015, 07:31 AM   #43
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Stang99X.....What your really doing is attempting to "keep an honest person honest" with this type of set up. And keep stupid kids from being stupid. (When I was young....I was never stupid. Don't count that motorcycle thing...or that jump off the roof into the pool thing...or that....) But a true criminal will just back up his pickup with a ramp, and winch your cart on it no matter how locked down your cart is. With a quality set of chain cutters, you will come back to a cut chain....unless the guy takes that too!!)
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 04:21 PM   #44
stang99x
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTM View Post
Stang99X.....What your really doing is attempting to "keep an honest person honest" with this type of set up. And keep stupid kids from being stupid. (When I was young....I was never stupid. Don't count that motorcycle thing...or that jump off the roof into the pool thing...or that....) But a true criminal will just back up his pickup with a ramp, and winch your cart on it no matter how locked down your cart is. With a quality set of chain cutters, you will come back to a cut chain....unless the guy takes that too!!)
Truer words never spoken. And I swear that **** wasn't mine!
Old 06-18-2015, 09:33 AM   #45
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Cruising Craigslist I cam upon the solution to two security questions ... and so simple.
Question 1 has been how to keep joy riders off your cart.
Question 2 has been how to keep your batteries safe from thieves.

The solution is not something new
Attached Images
File Type: jpg club.jpg (21.0 KB, 0 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 02:00 PM   #46
kab69440
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Yeah, that roof looks like it belongs in a Persian palace. I wouldn't try to joyride that cart either. Brilliant idea!
kab69440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 02:26 PM   #47
stang99x
Gone Wild

Make it ugly enough and no one will take it! There's the solution!
Old 06-18-2015, 02:49 PM   #48
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Oh common - that was very popular in 1985
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 02:57 PM   #49
stang99x
Gone Wild

Like a 72 Monte Carlo with purple and black zebra velour interior and the little balls on the roof with a mini-chain steering wheel. Cheech and Chong would be proud!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO