lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-29-2016, 10:41 AM   #1
jeremykent
Gone Wild

Default Yamaha G5

Had a customer bring this to me today G5? Gas, actually drove it about a mile to my shop. Wants me to clean it up and sell. What are these worth? Is there a big market for them?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo 2 (1).JPG (44.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg photo 2 (2).JPG (42.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg photo 1 (1).JPG (39.2 KB, 0 views)
jeremykent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 11:34 AM   #2
maxim1157
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Yamaha G5

this is just my opinion, but YAMAHA really had their head you know where when they designed this cart..
maxim1157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 11:39 AM   #3
jeremykent
Gone Wild

Well it was the late 80's early 90's ya know.....
jeremykent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 12:44 PM   #4
Spicyunicorn
Gone Wild
Yamaha

The look goofy but iv road in one they are actually really nice carts and comfortable they were ahead of their time looks like it's in good shape I'd say it's worth 1500 in my area
Spicyunicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 01:15 PM   #5
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Yep, first golf cart with rack & pinion steering. Has a nice suspension. The sunclassic seems to have a cult following among owners, and they are popular ( = holds its value well, if in good condition). Has automotive glass windshield & adjustable bucket seats, stuff that didn't exist on a golf car in the early 90s. Be careful not to damage it, many parts are not available. If the turn signal switch is inoperative, forget about turn signals (no longer available).
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 07:30 PM   #6
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

I agree, Yamaha way ahead of there time on that one. Less of a golf cart and more of a street cart. They do hold up well- early cars had a 2 stroke motor.
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 10:03 PM   #7
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf cart guy View Post
I agree, Yamaha way ahead of there time on that one. Less of a golf cart and more of a street cart. They do hold up well- early cars had a 2 stroke motor.
G3 sunclassic always has 2-stroke motor, G5 sunclassic always has 4-stroke motor. The easiest identifier of a G5 is the windshield visor and air vents in roof, G3 air vents were supplied by a duct just below the plastic windshield. That's another easy way to tell, G3 = plastic windshield, G5 = glass windshield. The sunclassic was the first factory built LSV type golf cart (the term didn't even exist then), decades before Ezgo's 2Five LSV.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha